Newcomer

Re: Server timing out

Mine has done the same thing all day and i chatted with tech support. What a joke. Hopefully they get it up and running soon. These people have the worst email servers. Should have just stuck with gmail.

Observer

They are having serious problems with email. For the past 2 days I have been unable to get my email from any of the email address I have through roadrunner. I contacted them last night, and they were able to reset things so I could get my email, but today it hasn't been working again. I called customer support, and when it sent to to hold to wait to talk to someone there was a recorded message about the problems with email servers, and it said that they are aware of the problem and that their engineers are working on it.

Thier timing on this could not have been worse for me, as I am about to start a new job, and they primary way they have been contacting me is through one of my roadrunner email addresses.

They should at least be posting something on thier website about this issue, what the status of things are, and when they think it will be fixed.

Observer

Same issues here.  One account is fine, the other works when it feels like it, which isn't often.  Started yesterday afternoon.  As a work around, it seems to work more often when I have my gmail account pull mail from RR account (then I just check gmail instead).  The nice side effect is better spam filtering of my RR account since forwarding the endless spam I receive on my RR account to their junk mail department seems to have no effect.  It's obvious they put little to no resources into maintaining or monitoring their email servers.  Sigh.

Observer

This happens to me a lot. I usually ignore it and it goes away except today when it keep asking for my password in one of my  mail accounts. So annoying. I think this mailbox still works, not sure, but I don't know why this happens. I'll reset my modem but  probably won't do anything.

Observer

This was a great idea. I went ahead and added this address to my Gmail account. Problem #1, I can't verify the address because of the server issues! Sheesh...

Of course, the other problem is that when I logged onto my email today, the one account downloaded perfectly. The second account downloaded, but I can't open any of the emails and now we're back to square 1, with the **bleep** password request, and server timing out again.

Not sure which is more frustrating seeing the headings and not being able to open the mail or not knowing what is in there, to begin with! Argh!!!

TWC Server Problem

I can't recieve mail in the past two days. I was told yesterday, by an agent that there is a problem with TWC server. The case # for the issue is TRB6985443. I chatted again today with another agent that told me " we still have an issue with the e-mail server, usually the maintance wouldn't take so long, our technicans are investigating on the actual cause and are working double time to have it fixed."

Since it is a major problem and it is shared by many customers, I would like to have a proper update from an authorized company personnel to inform us about the resolution and more importantly THE EXPECED TIMING.

It appears also appropriate to post in the company website information about the status of this significant problem.

I assume that many customers are not happy with the service and the related communications.

Newcomer

Re: TWC Server Problem

Quite. The POP3 server appears to have been broken since about 11 am PST on the 20th. After telling me it has 236 messages to deliver, it rejects a "RETR 1" command, claiming there is no such message. Webmail response is in the glacial category. I called last night and customer service claimed it was a maintenance issue. Looks more like a software problem, unless maintenance deliberately breaks the server.

EEE
Newcomer

Re: No Email Access for Days!! No Webmail or Outlook!

NO!  Trying to access from webmail does not work and hasn't for the last few days.  This seems to be a problem that should be top priority, but does not seem to be since it has been going on for days not hours.  I think some type of financial reparations should be offered for this extreme inconvenience.

Rookie

Re: No Email Access for Days!! No Webmail or Outlook!

Absolutely incredible!  For almost 4-days straight I have had issues with TWC mail.  I call in and get the "stock recording"...."our engineers are working on it".  I have used computers on a personal and corporate level and have never had outages lasting more than a few hours.  This is GROSS INCOMPETENCE!  TWC/Spectrum needs to start firing folks,  and hire people who know how to get the job done correctly and expeditiously!!

Observer

Re: TWC Server Problem

I'd say more of a lack of maintenance issue. These servers were left to rot when TCW was still in charge. Since then it's only gone downhill unfortunately. For whatever reason I was able to get mail by having my gmail pull it (even though other avenues failed with the same info). Worth a shot for those that are still 100% down.