Newcomer

No Email Access

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem.  Going to mail.twc.com just gets a server error message - Mail is currently unavailable.  For the amount of money I pay each month, no email access is unacceptable!!

28 REPLIES
Rookie

No Email Access for Days!! No Webmail or Outlook!

I have not been able to pull in any emails for a few days now. I went through tech support and they informed me that you all are aware fo the problem and working on it. But please, can we get updates?? I have bills and other important emails that I need to get access to and this has been going on for more than a couple of days now! I'm really getting panicked! Please help or provide some sort of updates or status. Thank you

Community Manager

Re: No Email Access for Days!! No Webmail or Outlook!

@mlathus,

Are you able to access email at mail.twc.com?  I also included a link to FAQ's for TWC webmail that may be helpful.    

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Newcomer

I use Windows Live Mail to consolidate a coupl of email boxes.  Everyday my roadrunner address stops working and I get a message that my login is rejected by the server.  After severak minutes (up to an hour) the server finally accepts the same login and I receive mail from roadrunner.com.  This is a daily occurance and happens on multiple computers and mobile devices.  Thoughts?

Expert

Re: Log in rejected by server

Are all these wireless?

If so, see if ethernet connections fix some.

Next, make sure the dhcp start is at 192.168.0.100 and the dhcp lease is a day not an hour

Look in the log, is there resets due to wireless interference? If so lock the wireless on ch 3 or 8

Newcomer

Slow internet and web mail speeds

What is wrong with TWC / Spectrum internet and speeds.  I was with TWC and had it switched over to a new, supposedly higher speed, router.  Ever since I made this switch my speeds are much slower in all areas and now email and especially web mail is running at what seems to be 100 times worse then the old days of AOL and Dial up!  I am about to kill it all and switch service over to someone else.  Is this just me or is their speeds really this bad all around????

Observer

Re: Log in rejected by server

[ Edited ]

It's not just you.  Today is the most recent example, my phone no longer connects to my TWC email (even though nothing has changed and my password works just fine).  It is the only email account with this issue on my phone.  Claims authentication error even though it's correct password and settings (even during setup since I tried removing and readding the account.  It will work in settings one minute then deny authentication the next.)  TWC servers are clearly no longer being maintained and are just left to flounder about and getting an actual response by an engineer seems to be an impossibility at this point.  

Observer

Server timing out

I have 2 email addresses with Roadrunner. One downloads completely and in a timely manner. The other one consistently asks for username and password, Sometimes it will download my mail, but today the server keeps timing out.  When this has happened in the past, I was able to go to https://mail.twc.com and access my mail, but tonight I keep getting an error message. 

Expert

Re: Slow internet and web mail speeds

Where are you?

What speed are you paying for?

Actually getting?

Wired or wireless?

what OS?

Copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages, don't reset it, need to see real history.

NE Ohio is pretty bad.

Newcomer

Re: Server timing out

My email has been completely dysfunctional since first thing this am. Tech support suggested I change my password – which worked fine yesterday. No effect on accessing email from my iOS mobile clients. Constant 'user name or password incorrect' errors, over WiFi and LTE. WebMail not much better: 10 minutes to load from log-in.

FED UP. Tech support said they had no reports of email problems, this from late this morning. Just the pointless suggestion to change my password.