Rookie

NY Times Blocked?

I subscribe to several newsletters from the NY Times, and about 10 days ago they all suddenly stopped arriving in my mailbox. The Times address is still in my address book, and they aren't going to the spam folder, so where are they?

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: NY Times Blocked?

Hello,

Spectrum no longer updates or supports legacy TWC Roadrunner Email accounts.  Many of our peers recommend switching to a free Web Mail service, such as Yahoo Mail, Gmail, or Outlook.com to resolve problems with mail getting blocked:

I would suggest reading a similar post here, and following my recommendations at this link:

https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Email/Emails-to-me-blocked/m-p/155184#M6182

Satch

Newcomer

I have a roadrunner email address, but it uses the mail.twc.com server.    At one time it was a server with "rr" in the name.

Is it the "rr" server that you are referring to as lacking support?  

I was on a protracted conversation with Spectrum and asked specifically about roadrunner and the representative denied any changes to support for roadrunner users.   My problem (certain incoming emails not reaching me, or bouncing back to sender) was escalated by Spectrum, so will ask again when they call me back, probably next week.

Trusted Helper

@norvyet wrote:

I have a roadrunner email address, but it uses the mail.twc.com server.    At one time it was a server with "rr" in the name.

Is it the "rr" server that you are referring to as lacking support?  

I was on a protracted conversation with Spectrum and asked specifically about roadrunner and the representative denied any changes to support for roadrunner users.   My problem (certain incoming emails not reaching me, or bouncing back to sender) was escalated by Spectrum, so will ask again when they call me back, probably next week.

Hello,

You won't lose your Roadrunner email account if you switch to a Spectrum plan.  What I mean by "Not Supported" is that Spectrum is not updating the legacy TWC Roadrunner systems anymore.  TWC Road Runner remains provided only as an "As is" for a courtesy to Road Runner users who are on that system.

But keep in mind that because Road Runner email is no longer updated, Spectrum could say, "We are dropping the Road Runner service" in 90 days.  Any ISP based email provider who would make such a decision would result in the customer losing his/her emails at that time.

With Web-based email, you will never lose your email, and can log in from any device with an Internet connection for the rest of your life.  All you need is one ad-blocker per browser to block the web-ads in email.  Web Mail provides a better, and more secure experience than ISP based email because it stays updated and goes with you. All you need to do is log in from time to time to keep your account active.

Satch