Newcomer

Keeping Email address and staying with TWC problem

I have been living with a roomate for 12 years. I have an rr.com email address under my roomates master account. So it is a sub-account. I setup new Spectrum service in my name at a new address and asked to keep my email address but was told it can't be done? My roomate is willing to "release" it off his account but am still told there is nothing they can do. It makes no sense to me?? 

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Keeping Email address and staying with TWC problem

@Partsguy19

That is correct.  Email is a free service and associated with the account.  We also no longer use the rr.com domain.  As long as your former roommate's account remains active, then the sub-account will remain available.  Our suggestion would be to create a new email, forward emails from the sub-account to the new account and then inform your contacts of the new email address.  Please be aware that  once an account is closed, any email accounts associated will be de-activated.   Please let us know if you have additional questions.   You can also contact us directly for support: 

Spectrum Social Media Customer Care.   

Highlighted
Newcomer

Can I create a spectrum.com email address?
Community Manager

Here is a link that outlines the steps for setting up a new email associated with your account. 

https://www.spectrum.net/page/spectrum-net-email/

Helper

Do yourself a favor and use Gmail or any of the other wonderful free internet based email services. They are much more convenient and in the future if you decide to switch providers you won't have to go through this again.