Observer

Is outgoing smtp server mail.twc port 587 down?

On all of my devices (both cell and wi-fi) starting mid-afternoon my outgoing emails have stopped going out on my phone android device and tablet WiFi device.  I am using stock android.

Incoming emails are coming in fine...

I called in and they didn't know of anything being down?

Are others seeing this?  Any Suggestions?  

Did they change outgoing server names and not tell us?

Thanks,

BJB1

44 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: Is outgoing smtp server mail.twc port 587 down?

I'm having the same issues. Started earlier today.

Rookie

Yes...having the same issue as well since yesterday!
Spectrum Employee

There's a known issue.  Please ensure your email password is setup within your mail client for outobund and inbound mail.  For android there should be an option to select if the smtp server requires sign in, and then fields for your username and password.

Browser

Yes since earlier today (9/27) I'm getting bad returns from smtp server mail.twc.com:587

Idiots are on the phone telling me all of a suden its my thunderbird client, when the error msg is coming from the smtp server. They refused to look up the error code and only would say

its thunderbird problem, but it's not. the so called technical help are useless. something is wrong with thier server

Browser

my user name and password is correct. this problem start today for the first time.

I am using thunderbird and never had a problem before today.

i get the following;

An error occurred  while sending mail. The mail server responded 5.1.0<####@hvc.rr.com

sender rejected AUP#1600 Please verify that your email address is correct and try again.

my email is correct -(its of course not ####)

none of your telephone support new what those return codes meant.

That is ridiculous- they are supposed to be TECH support but seem to be lacking theTECH part

Rookie

Tech never seems to know what's going on. I'm using BlueMail and having issues too.  Clearly the problem is TWC but who knows when this will be resolved...that would require they acknowledge the problem!

Browser

I hate saying "me too" without contributing something worthwhile, but I'll say it anyway. Me too!

I'm using Thunderbird and I'm getting "

An error occurred  while sending mail. The mail server responded 5.1.0<####@adelphia.net

sender rejected AUP#1600 Please verify that your email address is correct and try again.

my email is correct

My roommate has no problem sending from his adelphia address, and he uses Thunderbird.

I wish the Post-Office was as fast as e-mail. If it was I'd use it in a heart-beat.  

Rookie

Exactly the same problem in the Albany NY area on both my home (Saratoga Springs) and work (Troy) accounts. I thought it was a Thunderbird issue, but obviously it isn't. It began this morning 9/27 without a warning and at this point has been going on for over 12 hours..

Rookie

my user name and password is correct. this problem start today for the first time. everything was working fine and then outgoing emails would not send.
i am get the following;
An error occurred  while sending mail. The mail server responded 5.1.0<####@hvc.rr.com
my email is correct -(its of course not ####)

i am using microsoft outlook.
your telephone support told me is was a microsoft issue and they could not help me.  i have tried everything to fix it and now my email is a mess and i can know longer find the icon.

This ridiculous- they are supposed to be TECH support