Highlighted
N/A

Invalid Email addresses

I recently discovered that if I sent an Email to an invalid ID, I no longer got the message bounced back unless it is to an invalid RR.COM  ID. In the past I would get a message back indication that the message was not sent,  I spoke to service techs numerious times, and all they did was try to find out if my settings were  correct. I finally asked to speak to a high level tech, and explained my prolem, and what I did to be sure that it was not me or my system. After being out in hold numerious times, he said that I would only get a return message if I sent a mesaage to an invalid service provider. Changes have definately been made some time in the past. Time warner customers are not aware of this situation. There is no way of telling if a message was sent if a mistake was made in typing, or if an old email was no longer valid. 

4 REPLIES

Re: Invalid Email addresses

Perhaps I am not understanding. You are sending from a TWC Road Runner address  and are not getting bouncebacks from say a yahoo.com or a google.com address that is invalid?

You are however getting bouncebacks when you email to an invalid RR address?

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

N/A

Yes that is correct. Please try it yourself. I have others do the same thing in our area that are using an  STNY.RR.COM account, and have the same result. No bounced back Email.   If I send the same message to the same invalid account from my Gmail account, the mesage is bounced back.

Observer

Usually you should get a bounceback. But here is another option to help you out. If you are using Microsoft Outlook there is an option to have a delivery receipt sent to you when it reaches the destination. Also you can request a read receipt being sent to you as well. These options may help you determine which is a vaiid email address and which is not. Not to mention if it is an important email (bills, legal, etc) it woudl serve a validation that they received it.

N/A

Thank You for your suggestion. I do not use Outlook. I use Live Mail which does not have "deliver receipt". It has read recipe, but that only works of the person receiving the mail allows it to happen. Up until late last year I get a message bounced back for invalid Email addresses. The techs did not know that it no longer happened, and kept telling me that it was something wrong on my end. The head tech that I finally spoke to  also did not know that a message was not bounced back until I convinced him to try it himself. After putting me on home twice for many minutes, he came back and told me that this is how the system works now. They keep telling us that they are providing MORE, but as it turns out, they are now providing LESS. I stopped at our local office, and the people there also did not know that messages were not bounded back. They promised to get back to me, but as yet I have not had a call from them.  I would change my service in a minute if I didn't have to change Email addresses. They got us,  and there is little we can do about it.  I hate to be negative, but I have been happy with Time Warner for many many years. I believe t has been over 20 years.