Highlighted
Newcomer

Incredibly slow synch of email with Outlook client

Using cinci.rr.com - it is now taking 45-60 seconds PER MESSAGE to download my email from the server.   And sometimes, I'll get an error message first saying that it timed out because of no response from the server.  I synch again, sometimes a third or fourth time, it finally connects, but then takes seemingly forever to actually download the messages.   Never had any such issues before, it would download 10-15 messages in under a minute or so.  No issues sending email, works like it always has, and my regular internet connection seems perfectly normal - no generic connection or speed issues.   This has been going on for a little over a week now.

1 REPLY
Proven Sharer

Re: Incredibly slow synch of email with Outlook client

SO ... you are using Outlook to manage your emails on your cinci.rr.com account, rather than creating your own private Outlook account directly and bypassing the rr site completely.  Why not move into the 21st century? 

You can migrate all your existing cinci.rr.com messages to the Outlook servers one time and then work with blinding speed compared to what you are used to doing now.  You can even have the rr.com server forward any emails still coming in addressed to you at rr.com over to your new Outlook account and send a 'change of address' note back to the sender (as long as your rr.com address stays alive).  I suggest allowing at least 90 days before you close out the cinci.rr.com account.  

Others on this forum will mention other possibilities they have used.  Pay close attention to the details, then pick the method you prefer and make the switch!