Highlighted
Newcomer

Inadequate Webmail Services

It is disapointing that our prices continue to rise but the Webmail serivce is the same as when I suscribed over 15 years ago, or may be worse.  Emails arent deleted when dowloaded to Outlook, therefore, I have to delete them twice....and to delete from Webmail takes hours...the sort funtion no longer works....and each time I call the customer service agents are terrible...

I was consistently told to restart my modem and network...I have tried to manage mail from my brother - in- laws house in another state....on my phone while traveling....and at home....all with the same out come so I know its not a network issue...surely the employees at the company work in their own product.   Oh and I've been told twice to set up a gmail account and forward email to that account....how does that help with deleting emails from the TWC server....

Been a loyal internet customer for 17 years....all I get is higher bill....wondering why I wouldnt just look for another provider based on the recommendations from customer serivce....

3 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Inadequate Webmail Services

@gocats20wrote:

It is disapointing that our prices continue to rise but the Webmail serivce is the same as when I suscribed over 15 years ago, or may be worse.  Emails arent deleted when dowloaded to Outlook, therefore, I have to delete them twice....and to delete from Webmail takes hours...the sort funtion no longer works....and each time I call the customer service agents are terrible...

I was consistently told to restart my modem and network...I have tried to manage mail from my brother - in- laws house in another state....on my phone while traveling....and at home....all with the same out come so I know its not a network issue...surely the employees at the company work in their own product.   Oh and I've been told twice to set up a gmail account and forward email to that account....how does that help with deleting emails from the TWC server....

Been a loyal internet customer for 17 years....all I get is higher bill....wondering why I wouldnt just look for another provider based on the recommendations from customer serivce....

My advice to everyone,

Cable operators were never intended to be email providers.  Since the Spectrum email system is so outdated for this reason, users are encouraged to switch email to a web-based provider.  Available for the rest of your life and accessible from any computer in the world, it will be offered whenever you have Internet access.  Yahoo Mail, Gmail, and Outlook.com all provide excellent email and spam protection that is modern and up-to-date.

Users should also get one adblocker for each web-browser so that they have an ad-free webmail experience.  I recommend Ad Block Plus if you don't already have an ad-blocker in your browser(s.)

Gmail provides a free Office suite as well with Google Drive.  Microsoft One Drive will also be included with your Outlook.com access, a free web-based Microsoft Office that provides about 80% of the paid MS Office versions.  Yahoo Mail does not have an Office suite, but is very good as well.

Leave Spectrum to cable TV, Internet, and Phone Service.

Satch

Rookie

You're telling me. For the last 3 months I can't use ANY 3rd party e-mail client - It started with Outlook, which I'd used for years. All of a sudden, I can't "send" anything, the circle goes around then I get a message saying "Server Timed Out."  or "Server Doesn't REcognize credientials" (or some such.) this was before Christmas. I unstalled Outlook and since then have tried Outlook Express,Thunderbird, Mailbird, GMail, Opera, Pegasus, InnCrediMail, Mulberry, FoxMail, iScribe and eMClient. (No joke, I just copied them from a list) I GOT THE SAME SERVER TIMED OUT MESSAGE WITH EVERY ONE OF THESE.

I've spent hours jon the phone with Time Warner/Spectrum tech people who say the same thing - if I can send e-mail FROM myself on THEIR siTO MYSELF on their site - everytting is working. i've gone up three lefels of supervisors, the last one admitted there was a problem and that they'd get back in 72 hours (time has been up long enough for that supervisor to have just had his 90 day eview at a new job.

I've also been with them for 15 years and service is at an all time low - along with everything but their prices. I'm ready to chuck the whole thing and just have them supply internet (they're the only ones in  s ,aeratymo they've got me on that one) cut the cord 

Trusted Helper

@davenycwrote:

You're telling me. For the last 3 months I can't use ANY 3rd party e-mail client - It started with Outlook, which I'd used for years. All of a sudden, I can't "send" anything, the circle goes around then I get a message saying "Server Timed Out."  or "Server Doesn't REcognize credientials" (or some such.) this was before Christmas. I unstalled Outlook and since then have tried Outlook Express,Thunderbird, Mailbird, GMail, Opera, Pegasus, InnCrediMail, Mulberry, FoxMail, iScribe and eMClient. (No joke, I just copied them from a list) I GOT THE SAME SERVER TIMED OUT MESSAGE WITH EVERY ONE OF THESE.

I've spent hours jon the phone with Time Warner/Spectrum tech people who say the same thing - if I can send e-mail FROM myself on THEIR siTO MYSELF on their site - everytting is working. i've gone up three lefels of supervisors, the last one admitted there was a problem and that they'd get back in 72 hours (time has been up long enough for that supervisor to have just had his 90 day eview at a new job.

I've also been with them for 15 years and service is at an all time low - along with everything but their prices. I'm ready to chuck the whole thing and just have them supply internet (they're the only ones in  s ,aeratymo they've got me on that one) cut the cord 

Daven,

What other Spectrum services do you have?  Cable, Phone, Internet?  How is everything else working other than email?  The truth is that no cable, dish, or U-Verse phone or chat reps are trained in email so they can only provide scripted, reboot the equipment responses when something email related goes wrong.

It is true that there is no better competition than Spectrum for Internet in terms of speed.  If you go with Spectrum for just Internet only and get Yahoo Mail, Gmail, or Outlook.com for email, dropping TV and phone, you would save quite a bit of money.

Satch