Highlighted
Newcomer

How to stop addition of "[spam]" to beginning of subject line?

This is a follow-up to the thread "how to add/get rid of "SPAM" in subject line?" (http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Email/how-to-add-get-rid-of-quot-SPAM-quot-in-subject-line/m-p/...) strated by "nbw4333" on 09-15-2013 01:43 PM.  The thread was closed with a solution posted by "Surreall" (Spectrum Employee) on 09-20-2013 06:27 AM.

I have followed the advice of "Surreall" but continue to see the same problem.  Please see the attached pictures of my Junk Mail Settings in Spectrum Web Mail, and an example of the resultant Message Subject Line with "[spam]" prepended, as displayed in Mozilla Thunderbird ver. 52.6.0 in the Inbox Messages List.  Pleas advise what I can/should do differently to eliminate the sporadic addition of "[spam]" to the Message Subject Line of messages for which I can see no obvious reason that they should be considered spam, especially since I believed I had turned off the spam filter in the first place.

Thanks!2018-02-10 Spectrum TWC EMail Account Junk Settings.jpg2018-02-10 Mozilla Thunderbird EMail - [spam] prepended to Subject.jpg

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: How to stop addition of "[spam]" to beginning of subject line?

LeftCoastKen wrote:

This is a follow-up to the thread "how to add/get rid of "SPAM" in subject line?" (http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Email/how-to-add-get-rid-of-quot-SPAM-quot-in-subject-line/m-p/...) strated by "nbw4333" on 09-15-2013 01:43 PM.  The thread was closed with a solution posted by "Surreall" (Spectrum Employee) on 09-20-2013 06:27 AM.

I have followed the advice of "Surreall" but continue to see the same problem.  Please see the attached pictures of my Junk Mail Settings in Spectrum Web Mail, and an example of the resultant Message Subject Line with "[spam]" prepended, as displayed in Mozilla Thunderbird ver. 52.6.0 in the Inbox Messages List.  Pleas advise what I can/should do differently to eliminate the sporadic addition of "[spam]" to the Message Subject Line of messages for which I can see no obvious reason that they should be considered spam, especially since I believed I had turned off the spam filter in the first place.

Thanks!2018-02-10 Spectrum TWC EMail Account Junk Settings.jpg2018-02-10 Mozilla Thunderbird EMail - [spam] prepended to Subject.jpg

Hello,

My stuck needle advice to all TWC/Charter/Spectrum Customers is "Stop Using Spectrum Mail."  Cable providers were never intended to be email providers, and there are customers grandfather claused from the old TWC Road-Runner days.  People, please note that that technology is about fifteen years old!

Best email solution for all.  Switch to a web-mail provider such as Yahoo Mail, G-Mail, or Outlook.com.  Way better security and Spam protection, always up-to-date, and free Office productivity suites in Google Drive and Microsoft One Drive are included.  Yahoo Mail does not offer a free on-line office suite, but is still very good.  Spectrum Mail can't handle the security issues of today.  Go with a technology above that is a certified email company.  You will have a much nicer email experience.

Satch

Proven Sharer

Re: How to stop addition of "[spam]" to beginning of subject line?

And do you really want to be forced to change your email address every time you switch providers? Hell no. Use an email provider that moves with you when you change isp’s.