cbw
Spectator

Haven't rec'd email since Sunday, March 5th!!! Called many times....no help!

WHAT IS GOING ON?  I will give it one more weekend and then I'm dumping RoadRunner.  Customer Service is horrible!

11 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Haven't rec'd email since Sunday, March 5th!!! Called many times....no help!

cbw wrote:

WHAT  IS GOING ON?  I will give it one more weekend and then I'm dumping RoadRunner.  Customer Service is horrible!

Hello,

We need much more information to be able to help.  Some questions:

1.) Are you having problems with service and with what services?.  Is the email about those Spectrum services?

2.) What computer, OS, are you using?

3.) Was this an email that you sent to Spectrum and got no response, or a personal email to someone and got no response?

4.) Have you tried re-sending the email?  I would do that.

5.) If you have not heard back from Spectrum, have you contacted them directly with some account information by sending a PM to @Forums_Help  I would try to send the email again, and than if you don't hear back within 24 hours, contact Spectrum at the link above.

6.) FYI, I don't use Spectrum Email.  I would recommend getting Ad Block Plus for the browsers that you  use.  Than use Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or Outlook free mail from Outlook.com

A free Google account, Yahoo, account, or Microsoft Account will give you access to very good email, great spam blocking and very few banner ads with Ad Block Plus installed.  The providers are web-based, so you don't have to worry about ISP issues with mail as you have described above.

Oh yea, Gmail gives you automatic access to Google Drive for an on-line office suite and Outlook.com with a Microsoft Account will give you access to Microsoft Office Online.  All free and very good for being free!

Good Luck!

Satch

cbw
Spectator

Re: Haven't rec'd email since Sunday, March 5th!!! Called many times....no help!

Thanks for all the info.  I have to be somewhere in 20 minutes, so I'll look this over much more carefully later today.  However, I actually received 4 msgs this morning....but where are the 100+ that should have been there since last  Sunday?  AND, believe me, I have contacted them - even got a "technical Support Supervisor & a ticket number".  The last advice was to email blockhelp@postmaster.rr.com.  Thanks again, cbw

Newcomer

Almost the same problem here.  Email starting acting up, emails in inbox disappeared and are not in Trash folder .  Then emails stopped altogether.   I sent "test" emails to myself from a Gmail account.  None of them arrived.  No emails from Amazon and eBay either and since I made purchases over a day ago, they should have arrived.    This is crazy.  I made no changes to settings before or after this happened, so this is on TWC/Spectrum.

Highlighted
Observer

I have a couple of questions:

1. Do you host your own mail server?
2. If you do not, what security software do you use?

I have found certain issues with mail servers when it comes to using Windows Server. NOw with that being said, that is why I use linux for my email system. Also you mentioned that you get four messages earlier. I would suggest taking a look at any security software that you have running to see if anything has been changed. IF you are using Symantec or McAfee the email settings could have been inadvertently changed without your knowledge or something was clicked accidentally. I know I had that issue earlier on and found out that I made a change to the software that stopped alot of my emails from coming in.

Trusted Helper

aingers2 wrote:

I have a couple of questions:

1. Do you host your own mail server?
2. If you do not, what security software do you use?

I have found certain issues with mail servers when it comes to using Windows Server. NOw with that being said, that is why I use linux for my email system. Also you mentioned that you get four messages earlier. I would suggest taking a look at any security software that you have running to see if anything has been changed. IF you are using Symantec or McAfee the email settings could have been inadvertently changed without your knowledge or something was clicked accidentally. I know I had that issue earlier on and found out that I made a change to the software that stopped alot of my emails from coming in.

Agree 100%

In addition to checking any anti-virus or security software settngs that scan incoming mail, check your Spam/Junk folder.  The above quote is one more reason why I prefer web-based Email over ISP-base Email.

Satch

Newcomer

Both my husband and myself are having the same problem. My account keeps getting disabled and I have to constantly enable and change the password. Now this seems to have stopped and the account does not work at all. Any email that I try to send gets an instant error message that the email address is invalid. I have tried troubleshooting via chat with no success  .  This is absolutely ridiculous. For a paid service rr email is totally unreliable. 

cbw
Spectator

answers to your questions:

1.  Road runner email service.  webmail.rr.com.  Not sure what difference the email subject would make.  I have rec'd NO EMAILS OF ANY TYPE SINCE LAST SUNDAY MARCH 5th.

2. I have a desktop PC.  running Windows 10.  Running Norton 360.  Carbonite for back-up to the cloud.

3.  Once again, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY EMAILS OF ANY TYPE  FROM ANY ONE INCLUDING JUNK EMAILS.  On one of my calls to support, I was asked to log in to webmail.rr.com and send a test email to myself.  I did receive that email....but only that email.

4.  This does not make any sense.

5.  The third time I contacted Spectrum I was advised to send an email to blockhelp@postmaster.rr.com.  Never rec'd an email response...hello!....I'M NOT GETTING EMAILS!  How hard is that concept to understand?

Update:  As of yesterday, March 11th I started receiving emails again; however, WHERE ARE THE EMAILS THAT WERE SENT TO ME FOR ALMOST A WEEK THAT I NEVER GOT?  I would certainly like to have them as well.

cbw

Trusted Helper

cbw wrote:

answers to your questions:

1.  Road runner email service.  webmail.rr.com.  Not sure what difference the email subject would make.  I have rec'd NO EMAILS OF ANY TYPE SINCE LAST SUNDAY MARCH 5th.

2. I have a desktop PC.  running Windows 10.  Running Norton 360.  Carbonite for back-up to the cloud.

3.  Once again, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY EMAILS OF ANY TYPE  FROM ANY ONE INCLUDING JUNK EMAILS.  On one of my calls to support, I was asked to log in to webmail.rr.com and send a test email to myself.  I did receive that email....but only that email.

4.  This does not make any sense.

5.  The third time I contacted Spectrum I was advised to send an email to blockhelp@postmaster.rr.com.  Never rec'd an email response...hello!....I'M NOT GETTING EMAILS!  How hard is that concept to understand?

Update:  As of yesterday, March 11th I started receiving emails again; however, WHERE ARE THE EMAILS THAT WERE SENT TO ME FOR ALMOST A WEEK THAT I NEVER GOT?  I would certainly like to have them as well.

cbw

Greetings,

I would drop Road-Runner Email and switch to a free web-based mail service as described above.   Worst case, is you have to redo your Address Book Contacts into the new Email provider. Also Norton can be a resource hog and has been known to interfere with email coming in as you have described.

I use Yahoo Mail, Ad Block Plus, and the built-in Windows Defender, along with my own common sense about not opening up suspicious files, not going to unknown websites, and keeping my files backed up and system up to date.  I have had no emal issues or viruses.  You may want to get Norton off your system.  Here are instructions on how to do that:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080416133836EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

The only other AV that seems to be non-intrusive and nice and light is Bit Defender Free.  I think Norton may be interfering with your ability to get all your emails.  The other thing could be server downtime during that period when you did not get any email.  However, sever downtime would not be for several days like that.

Satch

Established Sharer

Satch wrote:

*** (TRIMMED) ***

...  The other thing could be server downtime during that period when you did not get any email.  However, sever downtime would not be for several days like that.

Satch

... unless your email was stored on the Amazon server farm that crashed.  Big mess out there!!