Not applicable

Google - Spectrum connection...?

Not sure I understand what just (accidentally) happened...  I was headed to Google Calendar.  Clicked on bookmarked link (accounts.google.com/signin/blahblahblah) and arrived at my Google Calendar login screen as expected where I can click 'Next' if I want to log into my "user@gmail.com" Google account.  Realized that in the dropdown list of accounts was my Spectrum/TWC "userid@xx.rr.com" account. Decided to see where that took me.  I ended up in an 'empty' account where there didn't appear to be any activity.  Decided it must have been inadvertantly created (maybe as "userid@xx.rr.com@gmail.com" or something) and never actually used.

So....  I decided to delete it within Google.  After successfully archiving and downloading 300k or so of a zip file, I deleted what I thought was an errant Google acccount as "userid@xx.rr.com".  But nooooo!!  Somehow, via the Google interface, I deleted my Spectrum "userid@xx.rr.com" account.  Could NOT log in via the Spectrum webpage.

Fortunately, I was able to go back to Google and recover the account.

But now my question is "WHY".  How can this be possible???

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Google - Spectrum connection...?

@01soundman

Based on the information you provided, it sounds like the Spectrum email "userid@xx.rr.com"  was already suspended or inactive.  This can happen for several reasons, including if the mailbox has not been used for an extended period of time.  

If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Not applicable

I appreciate the response.  The Spectrum account is active; very active.

My concern is that I was able to deactivate it via a Google page/interface.  That makes no sense.

Helper

@01soundman wrote:

I appreciate the response.  The Spectrum account is active; very active.

My concern is that I was able to deactivate it via a Google page/interface.  That makes no sense.

What Google page/interface are you referring to?  Chrome browser accessing Webmail? Gmail app? 

Not applicable

Using Chrome.  Other details are in the opening paragraph of my initial post above.