Emails to @twc.com bouncing back

I'm sending a group email from an outside email address that is getting blocked by TWC.  The response from the server is:

550 5.1.0 <myemail@gmail.com> sender rejected AUP#I-1320

The email I'm trying to send is a group email with a over a hundred emails in the BCC.  The email also includes a file attachment.

Why is TWC blocking my email?  I'm assuming it thinks it's spam.  How do I get around this?

4 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Emails to @twc.com bouncing back

@swtppalmieriwrote:

I'm sending a group email from an outside email address that is getting blocked by TWC.  The response from the server is:

550 5.1.0 <myemail@gmail.com> sender rejected AUP#I-1320

The email I'm trying to send is a group email with a over a hundred emails in the BCC.  The email also includes a file attachment.

Why is TWC blocking my email?  I'm assuming it thinks it's spam.  How do I get around this?

Hello,

Cable providers have never been good email providers.  Their email security is very dated.  Best option is to not use TWC/Spectrum email.  Switch to a webmail provider that goes with you on any computer or mobile device, and stays with you for the rest of your life.  Yahoo Mail, Gmail, and Outlook.com, all provide excellent alternatives.

Additionally, get one, (and only one) ad blocker in each web browser to block web and email advertisements.  I recommend Ad Block Plus, if you don't already have an ad blocker.

Satch

Participant

Satch, swtppalmieri is not sending FROM an @Twc.com address.   An @Twc.com address is blocking a group email being sent from @gmail.com.

Community Manager

@swtppalmieri

You are correct, over 100 emails in BCC is considered spam.   Any email that meets the definition of SPAM will be blocked.   

Thank so much @James_M!  That's exactly the info I was looking for.