Emails being deleted

I recently have been having important emails being deleted without me deleting them. First it was my flagged emails and now my emails from the past week that I had opened while we were on vacation is missing. What’s going on?????
5 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Emails being deleted

@jdrnonc45850 wrote:
I recently have been having important emails being deleted without me deleting them. First it was my flagged emails and now my emails from the past week that I had opened while we were on vacation is missing. What’s going on?????

Besides the standard disclaimer that you should consider migrating to a free internet based email solition (yahoo, gmail, etc.), how are you mounting TWC's/Spectrum's email client?  Are you POPping it?  Using IMAP?

I don’t know. How do I find out
Established Sharer

How do you access email? What software do you use?

Internet Explorer
Established Sharer

@jdrnonc45850 wrote:
Internet Explorer

POPing an email server and using IMAP folders are not an issue with IE.  You are using webmal, and I can't think of a reason why emails are lost except for actual server issues.

You would need to select POP3 or IMAP if you were going to use an email client (your phone's mail app, Thunderbird, Outlook, etc.) to access your email.

POP3 protocol downloads a copy from the mail server to the client, deleting the copy on the server.  The only copy of the message will exist on the client.  IMAP is differnet, and offers more redundancy.  IMAP copies the email from the mail server, and stores a local copy on the client.  It will reside in both places, so you can access from the client, or from a differnet client, or from a web browser.  If you delete the copy on the client, that action is mirrored on the server, and that copy would be deleted, too.  The other copies will get deleted if/when that client connects again to the mail server.

I thought maybe you had POPed the server using an email client on a diffrent PC while you were away, and since you no longer have that client with you, you no longer have the email, becuase the only copy is on the device you originally used to read it.