Rookie

Email reappearing, will not delete

Yesterday about 12,000 old emails reappeared after being deleted over the past 4 years.I go to manage folders, and select delete. After a period of time, I get one error message or the other:

"There was a problem processing your last request. Please try again later" or "Error: Unable to empty folder Inbox".

When this occurs, the site is basically fozen, and you must close out, open the browser in a new window and try again.

I tried it in Outlook and Google chrome with the same results, or lack there of.

If I am able I am allowed to delete 1000 at a time.  They then go to the deleted items forlder, which then must be emptied before anymore will delete from the in box.  Each thousand deletes, with multiple closing and opening of the program takes about 15 minutes.

Has Time Warner posted a solution?

I have read this problem reoccuring over the years, and the solutions still do not work.

I have had Roadrunner for 15 years. If I couldn't manage my email through Outlook or Gmail I would go crazy. The webmail function has never worked right. 

Update: 2 Hours later, I am down to 8241 emails, but mail.twc.com won't log on anymore. after entering my log in information, it sits "thinking for about 5 minutes displaying "waiting for mail.twc.com" followed by the folders page coming up with the message "There was a problem processing your last request. Please try again later".

How can it be possible that an ISP has such a horrible web presence?

9 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: Email reappearing, will not delete

In addition, I was asked to participate in a survey after posting to this message board. After completing a survey, which was quite negative, I pushed the "submit" button. I received a pink "authentification Failed" message and the window automatically redirected to my post.

I guess that will prevent documetation of any negative feedback! 

Browser

Back in the day when we first got Roadrunner, TWC was very clear email was a courtesy only, there was limited storage, etc.  So, I've never expected webmail to be anything other than a conduit into my Outlook. 

The few times I have had to delete more than a few emails in webmail, the process has been onerous. 

Question:   When these 12,000 emails reappear, do they also pop through to your Outlook?    If so, woudn't that automatically clear out the webmail inbox??   Or, are things so jammed up, nothing gets through to Outlook?

Just curious, because I've not heard of this problem before.   Ye gads.

Rookie

This happened to me since this morning. It's downloading 2500 emails to outlook. I look in webmail and they are there, but I can't see or delete them. The only way for me to get my current new emails is to close outlook and reopen. It gets the new emails, but right away starts downloading the thousands of old ones and then I can't do anything but watch the number of old emails loading.

Newcomer

Same thing happened to me...been on RR since 1995...started this AM where all deleted emails (I use Outlook to manage my RR email) going back to September reappeared.  I immediately logged into webmail and deleted them 25 at a time (the number showing in one screen).  I have Outlook set to immediately delete the emails from the server when downloaded.  Looks like someone in the server room performed a restore!!  Nice job TWC.  BTW, I am the CTO of my company and anything but a novice at such things

Rookie

This is really scary. I'm not a cto, but have 55 years of computer experience.

Observer

Same problem here...I hae Mozilla Thunderbird...I am so sick and tired of this..why does it take so long to fix this problem???

Highlighted

Good afternoon,

Our mail operations team is aware of this issue and have been working diligently to find resolution as quickly as possible. We realize that this is an inconvenience and apologize sincerely for the frustration. For a temporary solution, you have the option to forward incoming messages to an alternate email address of your choosing. Provided are instructions on how to forward messages:

email snip1.PNGemail snip2.PNGemail snip3.PNG

Respectfully, Melissa O. TWC Community Forum Moderator

Spectator

Dear customer service,

We have a Mac email client set-up with POP service connected to RR email. We have during the last 2-3 weeks noticed that emails we have deleted on our client, are re-appearing. We have deleted them from our account on the server but they still re-appear on our system!

How do we manage to kill these zombie emails?

Newcomer

I remember back in 1995 when i first got RR mail, i set up my outlook at the time (many computers ago) to use to receive my email.  When i logged into that computer, the emails were then "removed" from the server.  Therefore if i logged on to webmail, my inbox would be empty until i received new email.  That computer is long gone, and i do not know how to remove the email from the server anymore.  I believe that since it is still sitting on the server, the Time Warner Webmail access continues to collect your email, no matter how many other places you log on and receive it - ie gmail, yahoo, even your phone.  I have this issue when i changed phone, and continued to get the 8,000-10,000 emails that are sitting on the server.  How can you delete the email permanently off the server?????