Rookie

Email - Web interface, Settings -> Filter Options?

TWC and Spectrum obviously have little to no active spam filtering. Forwarding the spam to spamblockATpostmaster.rr.com does nothing except confirm your email address.

In the webmail interface under Inbox ->Settings -> there is a choice "Filter options". Creating these is straight forward.
I've seen a couple posts that say you can only have 20 active. Twenty what? Is that 20 seperate Filters or 4 Filters with each one containing 5 sub-filters for a total of 20?

I have looked all through the online help/support files and can't find a limit?

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Email - Web interface, Settings -> Filter Options?

@RKP000 wrote:

TWC and Spectrum obviously have little to no active spam filtering. Forwarding the spam to spamblockATpostmaster.rr.com does nothing except confirm your email address.

In the webmail interface under Inbox ->Settings -> there is a choice "Filter options". Creating these is straight forward.
I've seen a couple posts that say you can only have 20 active. Twenty what? Is that 20 seperate Filters or 4 Filters with each one containing 5 sub-filters for a total of 20?

I have looked all through the online help/support files and can't find a limit?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

Due to the Roadrunner Email protocol being so old, and no longer supported with updates by Spectrum, many of us forum users recommend switching to any of the popular free web-mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or Outlook.com.  Be sure to have one ad blocker, (and only one in each browser to block the banner ads, more than one will conflict.)  Many of us recommend Ad Block Plus.

You will have a more secure and modern e-mail experience with any of these three providers.  Gmail and Outlook.com provide their own Office suites, with about ninety-percent of paid MS Office features included.  Real-time collaboration in Google Drive and Office Online, (included with Outlook.com) a big plus.

The best part is having a webmail, email account is that it's accessible from anywhere in the world with a web browser and an Internet connection.  Great options with Webmail like cloud-based office file integration with Google Drive and Office Online.  Yahoo Mail lacks an Office suite counterpart, but is still very good.

Satch

Rookie

Re: Email - Web interface, Settings -> Filter Options?

Thanks for the tips. I already have gmail accounts. I've got 25+ years of IT employment under my belt and understand what the alternatives are and that RR's email system is old. I am just trying to find out what the limits of the Filter Options are as there is no published data that I can find.