Rookie
firestopper
Accepted Solution

E-mail log in problem

My wife has an ongoing problem logging into her web mail. She uses the correct user name and password. When she clicks the log in she gets a message "Session timed out, log in again."   She keeps getting the same message when she trys again. The only remedy has been to use windows restore function and restore her laptop, that's in a docking station,  to a previous date. It functions for several days and then goes back to "session timed out message."  She has her mail also forwarded to Outlook, but cannot access it as she is not signed on to her Roadrunner mail account. Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
TWC Employee
TWC-MichelleR

Re: E-mail log in problem

Are you using roadrunner.com? Some things you may try is deleting cookies/temp files within the browser you are using.  Also can you access it with a different browser?

If you are still experiencing the issue our social media team would be happy to further investigate. They can be contacted at twcable.help@twcable.com.

Thank you for participating in the forums. 

Thank you for participating in the TWC Community Forums!
Please use plain text.
Rookie
gs711

i have the same problem when trying to access my mail using Internet Explorer. I can access it using Chrome.

Please use plain text.
Rookie
firestopper

We found out reading the community forums and now calling TWC. It wasn't cookies/temp files etc. We do automatic virus scans on a regular basis with trend titanium.  According to another reply, that user is having the same problem but can access mail through "Chrome."  

We  took your advice and called the help line and found out that there were some major upgrades going on and there is a problem with the servers in regards to mail with others as well.  That's being worked on and for the time being my wife was told to go to  "mail.twc.com"  to log in to her roadrunner e-mail.  This seems to be working fine in the interim.

She still can't access her outlook mail account where she has copies of e-mail sent. Probably due to the other problem with TWC mail. Hopefully this will be remedied in the near future.

Funny thing is I'm the primary on the TWC and roadrunner broadband account and have experienced no problems logging in and having mail forwarded to  my other e-mail account,  windows mail.

Thanks for the replies and help in this matter. It's always good to have the many avenues of help to be able to troubleshoot problems with the internet and pc issues.

Please use plain text.
Newcomer
Mimsical

[ Edited ]

I am really ticked off.  I have been working on my email for a straight 5 hours today.  It is sooooo slow. I thought maybe I needed to do some maintenance and get rid of some emails.  It took me between 5 and 20 minutes to delete email - even if it was only 1 email I was deleting. After 5 hours I cleaned it up as much as I could and then I called technical support.  I spoke to "RYAN" who could only say we are aware of issues with our email server for over a month. The engineers are taking your information and are working on this to get you working email but they are migrating.  (He obviously isn't United States tech support).  I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for many minutes.  When he came back he said he needed to take more information (my ip address, my email address) in order to escalate it. Then he said try it again in about 2 hours. If it isn't working yet then call us back. I said hold on, I want to talk to a supervisor about this because it is not acceptable to me to be paying TWC over 200 per month and not have dependable email which I use for business.  He said hold on again and then came back several minutes later and told me the supervisor would call back in 2-3 minutes because he was on a call.  I said ok and in 2-3 minutes I got the TWC survey ASKING me what I thought of the quality of the representative who just handled my call.  Well, I bet you can imagine what my reply was!!  I am very frustrated that my email takes 2 days to get to me.  I am losing out on valuable information.  Please contact me with a resolution to this email issue!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Newcomer
dnhracing3

I ge the same issues or sometimes I can't even log in!!  This keeps happening. As much as we pay TW you think it would work 24/7, 365 days a year!

Please use plain text.