Rookie

Did Spectrum send this message about disconnecting my email? Is the link valid?

An Important Update from SpectrumView as web page

ACTION REQUIRED: Strengthen Your Password 

Dear Spectrum Customer,

In order to make Spectrum email accounts more secure, we have updated our password security requirements as accounts with weak passwords are more likely to be compromised.

We are writing to you because your account password has been identified as weak, and will be automatically reset on or after 10/11/18.

You can easily update your password before the automatic reset by visiting https://selfcare.twcc.com. The process should only take a few minutes.

Thank you for being a Spectrum customer.

Kathleen Griffin

Kathleen Griffin
VP, Marketing Communications

© 2018 Charter Communications. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

5 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: Did Spectrum send this message about disconnecting my email? Is the link valid?

Does "hovering" over the link show the same URL.  If it does, then it is probably genuine.  If the URL is something different, then welcome to the world of phishing.

Cheers.

Rookie

Re: Did Spectrum send this message about disconnecting my email? Is the link valid?

More info on this question. I was locked out of my email - password wasn't acceptd a day before the Spectrum message was sent. Today I got someone from Spectrum Tech Support to reset my password. I can now access my email online from mt account and found the ?bogus? Spectrum message.  My the new password is still being rejected by my computer/Apple Mail.

Lead Moderator

We are sending out emails to customers who have weak passwords.

If you are ever unsure of the validity of a communication you absolutely should

contact us directly.

Are you able to login to the webmail portal and are only having issues with your

mail client? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

"Are you able to login to the webmail portal and are only having issues with your

mail client? "

Yes

Not applicable

If you change our password, how will we know what the new password is?