Rookie

Re: Delayed Emails

@pstryjewyou can add Dreamhost (dreamhost.com) to the list of senders being cut off routinely.

I've been trying for no less than 4 months now to get this resolved;  I have several hundred recipients (all active opt ins; not spam, not marketing) in my non-profit.  We constantly see bounce-backs from our 1-2x a week mailings. or complaints of days-long delays in receipt.  Always due to this idiotic rate limiting policy that TWC has.

I'm on the verge of telling those impacted of exactly how uncaring TWC is about this.

Dreamhost *has* been trying (or at least so they tell me through multiple contacts with them) to resolve with TWC/Spectrum/RR.  This includes having set up and maintaining their "feedback loop" with TWC (see postmaster.rr.com site).  They don't seem to be getting any help from TWC on it from what they've told me.

Browser

I don't understand why this is happening at all. It's a Charter thing, not a Time Warner thing. there were no problems until after Charter bought Time Warner.

I don't know why any compny would do this to any customer. Have they tried to get you to buy "Business Class" Internet in order to resolve it (which would be illegal)? Maybe they are targeting people they think send and receive too much email, but a small nonprofit? I really don't get it.

Clearly it is time to go public, to contact consumer Internet publications, such as PC Mag and Byte. Also, I am thinking of contacting some people I know at the FCC, but with Trump in Power, they probably don't care about consumers any more.

Browser

pstryview,

I disagree that I should blame GoDaddy or any other company forwarding emails to me. The only company delaying the emails is Spectrum (Time Warner + Charter). And, it started only after Time Warner merged with Charter, so it's really Charter.  They are an unsophisticated and stingy firm based in St. Louis. Maybe they don't know how most people use the Internet.

Browser

I do think this started with the merger, the timing is just too coincidental.  The rules were in place, but I think the combined volume of TWC and Charter is causing the issue.

There is blame to go around.  I am not defending TWC in any way,  I had the same setup working for 10+ years until the time of the merger.   I have spent hours and hours on the phone and chat with TWC and GoDaddy. 

On my previous post, you'll see quotes (from chat transcripts) where GoDaddy has refused to help.  They are aware of the issue and refuse to do anything.  TWC rules have been published for a long time.  GD is running afowl of them now, for some reason.  However, GoDaddy won't do anything on behalf of their customers.  They have all of the information, but either it isn't getting to the right people or to anyone who cares.  

What has GoDaddy told you about the situation?  It took weeks and 6-8 hours on chats and the phone with them, for them to slip the information that GD has known they are getting blocked.  Even faced with that information, they say that I'll have to get TWC to lift the block on GoDaddy.