Browser

Re: Delayed Emails

It's actually getting worse.

A long delay used to be 16hrs, now numerous emails delayed 44+ hours.

Use your client to get the headers and place into the Google Toolbox (see note above) and you'll see the delay is with the RR server accepting the connection.

Observer

No, they didn't say what the problem was.  They just said there was an outage with the email server and my email address was one of the ones affected.    I never received a call back that it was fixed.  

So I called again tonight.   The person didn't see anything in the record about any delayed email issues that I had called about previously.   She had me change my incoming server setting to mail.twc.com and incoming port is 110 and outgoing port is 25.    She said that the road runner server is being phased out.    Right now my email is working.   It usually starts delaying emails during the day.   So we will see what happens tomorrow.  If I have delayed emails tomorrow, I'm supposed to chat with them so I can send them a screenshot of the header.    I really hope this fixes the problem.  

is your incoming server pop-server.stny.rr.com?   That's what mine was.  

Browser

My problems are at a "lower level" than that.

I get nothing but finger pointing.   The postmaster site shows a bunch of information that is supposed to help, but it doesn't.   

The problem is between the sending server and TWC/RR server.  The traffic is being rejected/blocked for a time period.    

It's been a day since you posted.  Is it working - I suspect not.

Observer

It seemed to be working ok.   I had everyone using my rr email along with my gmail email and the emails seemed to be coming in pretty close together.    The longest delay was 35 minutes until today.   An email that was sent at 1:35 didn't arrive until 4:30.   I think others have been sent today  also that I still haven't received.    It seems to be a problem with emails sent from 11:00 - 4:00.   Before then and after then it's ok.  

I just did a chat.   They said they put a ticket in and it should be fixed in 48 hours.    Wanted to know my web browser and my public IP,  that there's some interference with webmail.   I sent them the header on the email too.    I don't understand why only some of us are having the issue and why it doesn't seem to be able to be resolved.

Newcomer

Yup, I have been having this issue for months. Called Spectrum Pakistan yesterday and was told it wasn't them it was Outlook. Guess what.....opened my email in their webmail and boom....caught them red handed. 

I get mail as much as several days after it has been sent. Not all my email, just some. it's weird and frustrating.

Browser

I have had a similar experience. It's a nonsensical rule. Why would you limit customers' access to the services they use most? Seems like an excellent way to lose customers, but maybe they don't want to be in the consumer Internet business anymore.

If they are not rate-limiting Gmail, one solution might be to route all your incoming email through Gmail.

Browser

The problem is not you. It is Time Warner, which is rate-limiting emails from some domain registrars, such as GoDaddy. Apparently it is not happening with Google. Maybe TW wants to get money out of some email forwarders, but Google is too big to take on.

Browser

It's  been a month since they promised a fix in "3-5 working days," and still nothing. I've had the problem since January 2017, they have been making promises since then, but this week an important email was delyed 5 days.

TW is rate-limiting some very large providers of email forwarding, such as GoDaddy. All my domains are registered with GoDaddy, and I'm not about to change, because there are so many bad fly-by-night registrars out there.

After 20 years of good service from both TW and GoDaddy, only one now is letting me down. So, who do you think gets dumped?

Browser

Dear jackilec,

It is not your email client. Time Warner is rate-limiting email from some very large email senders or forwarders, such as GoDaddy, an incredibly dumb thing to do. I can't imagine what the advantage is for them. It has been going on for months and is getting worse.

One post said they are not rate-limiting Gmail, so you might route all your incoming mail through Gmail. Or, just get a new Internet provider.

Browser

[ Edited ]

I was "around and around" with both parties for weeks. 

RR/TWC is absolutely throttling emails from GoDaddy mail services - they admit it and it's in their postmaster documents about limits. (http://security.rr.com/rate_limits)

From GoDaddy (and it took hours to get this)

"As per my higher level support, 452 Too many recipients received this hour. Please see our rate limit policy at http://postmaster.rr.com/spam#ratelimit .\r\n TWC Postmaster Site.

So road runner is blocking your forwarding right now on a temp basis due to many recently and will have to troubleshoot with them to see about removing the restriction."

However, if you look up the IP address on TWC/RR blocking site. (http://security.rr.com/mail_blocks)

It will show that the GD IP has never been blocked, so TWCs check is broken or they don't consider it a block.  You will get varying delays depending on which GD/TWC IPs are communicating.

TWC has an unrealistic setting for large mail providers, where a single email can be impacted by normal email volume to anyone with a .rr.com address.   I've been stonewalled by TCW at every turn, but I'm not getting my legit emails into their servers.  

GD is equally at fault, because they REFUSE to work with TWC/RR to remove the blocks or increase the limits.   Asking me to work with TWC/RR to lift the GoDaddy restriction.

"Advance team can't do anything about this, that's why we are advising you to reach out to them about this. This is something we can't do, not unless they are affecting all of our customers or they blocking us for some reason or so. That's the time our Advance team will have to talk to them about the possible resolution. But since they checked and found out that we can't do anything about this, you really have to talk to them and request to lift the restriction."

Both GoDaddy and TWC/RR have been incredibly unhelpful and unwilling to address this problem.  Both companies have "untouchable" higher level support groups which are able to hide behind  a Level 1 support person.  There is no one to escalate the issue to.   No one from TWC addresses issues in these forums.    

@techlady it isn't  "only one", it's GoDaddy too.  You need to let them know that you are being affected. 

Other companies getting throttled by TWC:  Salesforce and Constant Contact