Rookie

Cannot send to twc emails with my gmail account

All of a sudden I cannot send emails to anyone with a twcny.rr.com account from my  gmail acccount.  I'm not sending to multiple people, just one person at a time.  My father has a twc account and it gets blocked, a friend of mine also has a twc account and every time my email to her gets blocked.  I could see if I were sending to multiple people I would have this problem becuase it would think I was sending spam, but I'm not!  Any help would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Cannot send to twc emails with my gmail account

Morning!

Are you able to send through mail.twc.com? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Yes I am.  But I generally use gmail to send and recieve emails becuase I can access it from my phone.  Has my gmail account been blacklisted for some reason?

Valued Contributor

Are you getting a message on your end notifying you that delivery failed? If so, there may be something in that message that will help track down the problem. If not, then it may be in their junk/spam folders.
Rookie

Here's the message I get back (I removed personal info by replacing the actual email addresses wit the word 'user'):

The response from the remote server was:

550 5.1.0 <user@gmail.com> sender rejected AUP#I-1320

Final-Recipient: rfc822; <user>@twcny.rr.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; dnvrco-cmedge01.email.rr.com. (69.134.155.135, the server for
 the domain twcny.rr.com.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.0 <user@gmail.com> sender rejected AUP#I-1320
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2018 05:34:17 -0700 (PDT)

Lead Moderator

So that we understand. You are using your gmail address and sending to

a twc domain, you are not trying to send from a twc account through gmail? 

Do you know if any twc.com or other TWC domains are receiving mail from your gmail? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Valued Contributor

Just curious if you are doing this from an app, or directly from the gmail web portal ( www.gmail.com ). If you are doing it from an app, make sure you are sending and authenticating against the gmail servers with your gmail credentials.
Rookie

To your first question, yes, I'm using a gmail account and trying to send to a twc account.

To your second question, I've tried sending an email to two different twc accounts and both are giving me the same error as above.

Rookie

I tried both, from the app on my phone and using gmail.com on my home pc browser, same result.

Valued Contributor

But are you doing it through the web portal, or using a client/app to send the emails?

As in opening a web browser and going to either gmail.com or mail.google.com, etc. to send the emails.

It is an important distinction to make because if using a standalone email client, you have to be sure the proper servers and credentials are aligned with the sending email address. For example, you can set up a client like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. To connect and pull email from multiple services at once... gmail, hotmail, and Spectrum/TWC mail. BUT, you have to tell it which server and credentials to use when sending mail. If not careful, you could be trying to authenticate against a Spectrum server while passing a gmail address and password... which would fail. It can also trip a relay blocking policy as well.

So, if you are not logging into a Google web page in a browser to send the emails, test to see if they go through that way. If it does, then there is likely something amiss with the client you are using.