Rookie

Cannot send email to outlook.com mail recipients

Starting Tuesday, June 19th, I was suddenly having all email I send to recipients with email addresses ending in outlook.com bounce back immediately.  I can receive email, I just can't send them.  

This is the message I get back:

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

*xxxx@outlook.com

Reason: There was an error delivering your message to xxxx@outlook.com.

The server responded with "550" - "550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [107.14.166.227] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [CO1NAM03FT025.eop-NAM03.prod.protection.outlook.com]\r\n"

Thank you for any help!

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Cannot send email to outlook.com mail recipients

@cjurato99 wrote:

Starting Tuesday, June 19th, I was suddenly having all email I send to recipients with email addresses ending in outlook.com bounce back immediately.  I can receive email, I just can't send them.  

This is the message I get back:

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

*xxxx@outlook.com

Reason: There was an error delivering your message to xxxx@outlook.com.

The server responded with "550" - "550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [107.14.166.227] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [CO1NAM03FT025.eop-NAM03.prod.protection.outlook.com]\r\n"

Thank you for any help!

Hi,

Spectrum no longer updates the legacy TWC Road Runner email service, which is fifteen years out of date and only still provided as a courtesy to those customers grandfathered into that system.

Many users recommend switching to a web-based email provider such as Yahoo Mail, Gmail, or Outlook.com.  Get Ad Block Plus, if you don't already have an ad-blocker in each browser that you use to block the web mail ads.

You will not only have better security with a more modern email interface using a webmail provider, you will have an Email service for free, and offered to you anywhere in the world, from any device with a browser and Internet connection.  Switching to a webmail provider will also help stop the above issues.  Roadrunner email is getting too old and is no longer reliable.

Satch

Rookie

Re: Cannot send email to outlook.com mail recipients

I was afraid of that.  I have had this email for so long and really didn't want to have to change it.  It is going to be such a hassle.  I called Spectrum and asked them about this and they denied that this would be the issue.  UGH!

Thank you for your response.