Browser

Cannot Forward SPAM Emails to SpamCop

it appears that when I attempt to forward spam emails to SpamCop, the forwarded emails are deleted by the SMTP servers at Spectrum without any notice or response from the system. First, it is odd that the Spectrum SMTP server would delete the message and not let me know and second, SpamCopp is a known fighter of spam. This seems to have started several months ago as it used to work fine. If I foward an email that is not spam, it gets through OK.

I have searched the forums and found nothing. Does someone from Spectrum have a solution or anyone else ever seen this?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Cannot Forward SPAM Emails to SpamCop

SKova wrote:

it appears that when I attempt to forward spam emails to SpamCop, the forwarded emails are deleted by the SMTP servers at Spectrum without any notice or response from the system. First, it is odd that the Spectrum SMTP server would delete the message and not let me know and second, SpamCopp is a known fighter of spam. This seems to have started several months ago as it used to work fine. If I foward an email that is not spam, it gets through OK.

I have searched the forums and found nothing. Does someone from Spectrum have a solution or anyone else ever seen this?

Thank you.

Greetings,

My take is simple.  Spectrum email has never been very good, because Spectrum was never intended to be an email company provider.  I would switch to a free web-based email service, such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or Outlook.com.  All three offer much better Spam protection, modern features, and are easy to use.  Outlook.com will give you access to Microsoft Office Online when you sign up.  Gmail will give you access to Google Drive, which is its own online Office Suite.  Yahoo Mail also provides very good email services and spam protection.

Before you begin, make sure you have an ad blocker in each of your web-browsers to block banner ads.  Only one blocker per browser as more than one will slow down your browsing and cause conflicts.  My recommendation is Ad Block Plus.  Google search it within each browser and not only will it stop the banner ads.  It also blocks ads in You Tube videos.  Than, get one of the free email providers above.  They are accessible from any computer with Internet access and a web browser, so you don't have to worry about issues with Spectrum Mail when you are away from home.

Satch

Browser

Re: Cannot Forward SPAM Emails to SpamCop

Hello Satch,
Thanks for the response, although I am not using Spectrum for my email provider, just access to the internet. I did not make that as clear as I could have in my post. I use my own email on my own domain, with Spectrum just being the ISP. I also have the others like noted, they are not my primary either.
I am really hoping that someone from Spectrum will read this and provide some answers. They are obviously blocking and deleting the attempt to send attached emails that are spam. I understand from a general sense, not from a reporting sense. If I wanted to report to PayPal, Amazon, etc. they would not make it through the reporting stage of Spectrum as an ISP.
Skova