Rookie

Can't Access Webmail (or Outlook email) for socar.rr.com.

I have not been able to access either webmail or email through Outlook on my computer for weeks now!  Called Time Warner a few times and they say there is no outage.  I am running Windows 10 and have tried both Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers.  I tried both webmail.roadrunner.com and mail.TWC.com.  Both sites return a message indicating that the site could not be reached. 

I have full access to every other website, such as Google, Yahoo!, dpreview.com, etc.  Only the Time Warner webmail sites are not working. 

I also tried deleting all cache.  I then tried resetting the modem.  Neither of those worked.   I also tried disabling the Webroot security software in case that was causing a problem.

In addition, I am not able to access email (*.socal.rr.com) through Outlook.  That was working fine and then it just quit working a few weeks ago.  I am using pop3 server = pop-server.socal.rr.com and SMPT server = smtp-server.socal.rr.com, which the TW tech support folks was correct.

One thing I have not tried yet is Verizon FIOS, but that's next!

Is there someone on this forum who can help?

Thanks!

bgoebel

4 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Can't Access Webmail (or Outlook email) for socar.rr.com.

Quick question. SInce you have Windows 10 have you tried the Mail application, add an account .... other put in your credentials.

No server address needed, just your email,  password, it sorts the pop server business.

Spectrum Employee

bgoebel wrote:

I have not been able to access either webmail or email through Outlook on my computer for weeks now!  Called Time Warner a few times and they say there is no outage.  I am running Windows 10 and have tried both Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers.  I tried both webmail.roadrunner.com and mail.TWC.com.  Both sites return a message indicating that the site could not be reached. 

I have full access to every other website, such as Google, Yahoo!, dpreview.com, etc.  Only the Time Warner webmail sites are not working. 

I also tried deleting all cache.  I then tried resetting the modem.  Neither of those worked.   I also tried disabling the Webroot security software in case that was causing a problem.

In addition, I am not able to access email (*.socal.rr.com) through Outlook.  That was working fine and then it just quit working a few weeks ago.  I am using pop3 server = pop-server.socal.rr.com and SMPT server = smtp-server.socal.rr.com, which the TW tech support folks was correct.

One thing I have not tried yet is Verizon FIOS, but that's next!

Is there someone on this forum who can help?

Thanks!

bgoebel

Are you able to access webmail by going to www.twc.com and clicking the Mail icon near the top right of the page?  I tested both mail.twc.com and webmail.socal.rr.com and both are working fine for me.

Do you have another computer, tablet, smartphone, etc. you can use to try accessing the site?

Here are screenshots from my testing this morning using both URLs:

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

You are attempting to go to mail.twc.com ?

Have you tried a few different browsers?

In Outlook, I would recommend you try the IMAP setup:

tinyurl.com/twcimap

Lead Moderator

@bgoebel   Are you able to reach mail.twc.com from another location, not in your home

not on your home network? 

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums