Rookie

Can I bring my Verizon.net email over to Spectrum and use Outlook?

Verizon is ending their email service.  The only reason I have stayed with them is that I don't want to change our email address.    I want to keep using Outlook as it's what my spouse is familiar with and he isn't good at learning new programs. Does anyone know if I change to Spectrum internet (in Utica, NY) if I can bring my Verizon.net email over to Spectrum and use Outlook?

4 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Can I bring my Verizon.net email over to Spectrum and use Outlook?

You can try to set up forwarding but it's unknown for how long that will last.

We still have adelphia.net and RR.net email addy's here, so it's not like they have to be @Twc.com or whatever spectrums using, so it is possible.

o

Valued Contributor

I believe the only way Verizon is letting people keep their Verizon.Net is to migrate it to AOL mail.  Then you could do the forwarding or access your AOL mail via Outlook (the program).  They appear to be notifying Verizon.Net users there drop date in batches but all will need to move sometime.  Glad I am not involved in this issue.  I have a forwarding service email (for life) I use on most everything.  So if my "real" email address provider goes away I just have my forwarding service email address forward to my new "real" email address in one place and I keep getting everything.

/Dan

Sharer

MizzTee wrote:

Verizon is ending their email service.  The only reason I have stayed with them is that I don't want to change our email address.    I want to keep using Outlook as it's what my spouse is familiar with and he isn't good at learning new programs. Does anyone know if I change to Spectrum internet (in Utica, NY) if I can bring my Verizon.net email over to Spectrum and use Outlook?

You can use any email client you'd like with TWC / Spectrum Internet Service.  All you would need to do is to set up the server settings properly.

But going forward, I'd recommend migrating to a gmail account so that no matter where you live, or who your ISP is, your email address will not change, and you won't even need to reconfigure your email clients to access your mail - not to mention convenient web-access from anywhere...

I would also recommend that if you do choose another provider which results in a new email address, that you modify your email signature to advise your recipients of the new change.  You may also be able to modify the "Reply-to" in the "Other Email Settings" in Outlook to automatically direct your recipients replies to your new email address.

Newcomer

How would we know the proper settings? Trying to help my brother who is using iPad and can receive email via Verizon, but can't send out.