Browser

Bouncing emails

Oh, my nerves!!  I have had more problems with this account going back to June. Initially, I couldn't get email, that somewhat resolved, but my latest issue is bouncing emails due to reaching my account capacity.  I delete and delete, delete and then right before my eyes the emails magically reappear. I have no idea if there's anything important coming into that account, but I think I'm going to go to web-based email and kiss this crazy Spectrum/ Roadrunner email sayonara. 

5 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Bouncing emails

TWC email is web based.   A few questions to try and help sort this out.

Are you using the web portal or a 3rd party email program? If a 3rd party program

do you have it set to delete from the server when deleted there? If not it is deleting

from your local mail (on the email program) but not deleting from our server. If this is the case when your program reaches out to our server it is re-downloading them. 

I would suggest logging directly into mail.twc.com and deleting there. You will want to check your settings to make sure that you have it set to delete immediately rather than moving to the deleted folder, that would mean that you do not have to use a 2 step process to get rid of the emails.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Browser

Thanks, Julia, I'm using a third party email program. I have 2 TWC accounts that I access through that program. I'm having absolutely no issues with one, and serious bouncing issues with the other one. 

I have set it to delete immediately and I've also gone directly to the mail.twc.com and emptied the mailbox there, but it still shows 100% full with absolutely nothing in the inbox. Leaves me scratching my head. 

Lead Moderator

In the little bar on the upper right side what does it show for storage limit? Is this the primary email account or a sub account.  You see 0 in the inbox and 0 in your Spam and 0 in your deleted items folder?

What mail program are you using? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Browser

I played around with it last night and got it down to 97%, but this morning it's up to 98%. I was able to get some emails so I'm guessing that accounts for the 1% increase.

I'm using Thunderbird and this is a sub account. Previously I wasn't able to get to the deleted messages, but I was able to access this folder for a short time today. At mail.twc.com initially, it showed 10000 emails. I was able to delete 50 but now it is empty on my screen. I'm not sure what happened to the other 9950, and I can't get into the Thunderbird account because I keep getting a timeout message. The mail.twc.com page shows this, "There was a problem processing your last request. Please try again later." So for the moment, I'm at an impasse. I'll try again later.

Browser

I've been working on this off and on all day and I finally have it down under 50%. Still have over 3500 emails to delete. Hopefully, I won't have to do this very often. It's a major pain.

As a point of interest, they don't show up in my Thunderbird account because I'd already deleted them from there, so only at the mail.twc.com address. I've never had to do this before and I've been using a 3rd party email client for over 15 years.