Newcomer

Blocking email from the old Adelphia email account that I use to have

I had an old Adelphia email account from prior to Spectrum and TWC. I still received email sent to this address but is is all SPAM and is irritating to have to delete each day. How can I stop this email from coming through my ROADRUNNER account? I do not have the Adelphia account set up on my computer, the email seems to be associated with my ROADRUNNER account.

2 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Blocking email from the old Adelphia email account that I use to have

Is it possible that you set up your old Adelphia account to auto-forward all emails to your new RoadRunner email when you set it up, and then forgot?  If so, you need to find out who still manages the old Adelphia email server and have them wipe your account. 

HINT: A lot of times when franchises change owners, the old email servers just take on the name of the new buyer's  email service.  It could well be TWC RoadRunner itself.  A forum moderator can probably resolve this for you most quickly. 

Newcomer

Re: Blocking email from the old Adelphia email account that I use to have

I am also having the same issue with my old adelphia email and I know that it was not set up with my roadrunner email unless TWC did this when they made the email address changes.

From the day we were notified that TWC had changed to Spectrum I get 20 to 35 spam emails a day and you can see that they are to uothe adelphia email address. I have been through all the settings for the TWC/RR email account and can't find where adelphia is in the set up.

Reading your response to this issue it sounds to me like I need to keep looking for a adelphia set up..... with the amount we pay for the cable service and the fact that it took place when the merge or sale took place I would think this should be found and straitened out by Spectrum!

It is very discouraging to open your email and find so many emails that should have been caught way before it got to me..... I look forward to hearing a fix for this issue because I have tried everything I can think of and they are still getting through

Thank you for your time