Block email feature not working

I have selected in Settings to have email that I select to block automatically get deleted. However even though the address shows up in the blocked area in settings, they still show up in my email. When I select block again, the message tells me they already exist with a blocked status. So then why are they still making it into my email. And when I select filter preferences, it says I have no filters selected. Do I need to do something additional and set up a filter preference? And if so, I don't see anything in settings that guide me in that direction. HELP PLEASE! I hate seeing the same email ads show up daily in my inbox.  Thanks

7 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Block email feature not working

Are the emails being forwarded to you?

Are you part of a list/ group and that's where the source is?

I just got another one from this company     

JR Specials <jrspecials@jrcigars.com>

It is not being forwarded as it says FROM. And..although it didn't copy, there is a little red box with an x on it in front of the email address and when I put my cursor over it, it says Block Sender, meaning I guess is an identifer of a blocked sender. When I click on the box it says

Select email addresses and email domains below to add to your list of blocked senders.
Select All
jrspecials@jrcigars.com
jrcigars.com

so I Select all and hit OK, and the message then says

These 2 email addresses already exist in your blocked email selection.  SO why aren't they blocked??  

Expert

mark it as spam as well.

rt click on it and bring up properties and see if that's really the full email addy and not forwarded by someone/ something.

jrcigars.com is not an email address

I wonder if you can do a  *@jrcigars.com to block anyone from that site.

I will try today and see. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rookie

I've got the same problem. Every day I block the same messages, every day I'm told they are already on my blocked senders list, and every day I block them again. Thanks TWC.

Valued Contributor

How many domains do you have blocked?  I think hundreds of domains can be blocked, but not sure if its infinite list.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Also, going back and re-reading the threads here, we can go into settings/Allow and Block Messages and list an entire domain such as spamdomain.com

That would make it easier than blocking each individual email address.