Block email feature not working

I have selected in Settings to have email that I select to block automatically get deleted. However even though the address shows up in the blocked area in settings, they still show up in my email. When I select block again, the message tells me they already exist with a blocked status. So then why are they still making it into my email. And when I select filter preferences, it says I have no filters selected. Do I need to do something additional and set up a filter preference? And if so, I don't see anything in settings that guide me in that direction. HELP PLEASE! I hate seeing the same email ads show up daily in my inbox.  Thanks

7 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Block email feature not working

Are the emails being forwarded to you?

Are you part of a list/ group and that's where the source is?

I just got another one from this company     

JR Specials <jrspecials@jrcigars.com>

It is not being forwarded as it says FROM. And..although it didn't copy, there is a little red box with an x on it in front of the email address and when I put my cursor over it, it says Block Sender, meaning I guess is an identifer of a blocked sender. When I click on the box it says

Select email addresses and email domains below to add to your list of blocked senders.
Select All
jrspecials@jrcigars.com
jrcigars.com

so I Select all and hit OK, and the message then says

These 2 email addresses already exist in your blocked email selection.  SO why aren't they blocked??  

Expert

[ Edited ]

mark it as spam as well.

rt click on it and bring up properties and see if that's really the full email addy and not forwarded by someone/ something.

jrcigars.com is not an email address

I wonder if you can do a  *@jrcigars.com to block anyone from that site.

I will try today and see. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rookie

I've got the same problem. Every day I block the same messages, every day I'm told they are already on my blocked senders list, and every day I block them again. Thanks TWC.

Valued Contributor

How many domains do you have blocked?  I think hundreds of domains can be blocked, but not sure if its infinite list.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Also, going back and re-reading the threads here, we can go into settings/Allow and Block Messages and list an entire domain such as spamdomain.com

That would make it easier than blocking each individual email address.