5.1.0 sender rejected AUP#1600 Error Send Emai

I just started receiving the 5.1.0 sender rejected AUP#1600 for my work email account I use at home that I have used for years.

I checked the outgoing settings and they are set as listed on this site for POP (with my account authorization.

I can send my TWC personal emails but nothing related to my work with a different domain.

28 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: 5.1.0 sender rejected AUP#1600 Error Send Emai

I’m also experiencing the same issue. My last successful send from my work account at home was at 9:50 AM yesterday. Nothing has changed on my end. I have my TWC email account and password setup up under the outgoing server requires authentication tab in Outlook. Worked like a charm until yesterday. Support person on TWC chat wasn’t much help (to be fair I assume the folks manning the chat function may not be the most experienced).

As of this evening, no change with the issue.

I also have not had any support help as of 09-2802017 6:45 pm EST.

Observer

Ditto. All emails except twc own address fail suddenly. Nice work Spectrum.

Observer

Spent an hour chatting with two Indian support members... got nowhere. They try to take control of my PC and reset my password - obviously clueless to the fact that it is a server-side response to "From" not being a "twc" email, no matter how I try to explain it to them. Cheap I'm sure, but inneffectual support.

Observer

... and to be clear, nothing against Indian support Smiley Wink They can be aswesome - when chosen for talent and kept informed with changes made to systems they are supporting.

Same issue. 5.1.0 if sender is not @twc.com address. 

Browser

Has anyone had ANY luck yet?

I'm still getting the sending error message. The only way around it is to log into roadrunner to send mail.

I contacted Spectrum and they said to change my SMTP port from 25 to 587. That did not help. Then they told me my "User Name" needs the @ domain name. Mine is ####@adelphia.net. That did not help either. Next they said to change the server from "mail.adelphia.net" to "smtp-server.roadrunner.com" (without the quotes). Still no luck. Lastly, they said make all the changes together and try it. No luck either. GRRRR. I finally said "The best solution might be for me to get rid of Spectrum's phone, internet, cable, and home security service". No reply from the tech person. 

I  also made the same changes and still zero luck. 

It seems to be a nationwide issue from what I read elsewhere.  I am in Ohio.

Rookie

Same problem here.

I am in Hawaii.  I use the TWC smtp to send over an email account I have set up through Powweb.com (that I have had since 1998).  This past Tuesday was the last time I successfully sent an email out.