Newcomer

wifi secure no internet

I changed from ATT internet to spectrum yesterday.  Since that time I cannot get internet on my desktop. Nothing has changed except the new modem from spectrum. Using wireless adapter for the desktop. My other computers are using ethernet connection and have no problems. Network shows secure, no internet. I have tried everything found on the internet but with negative results.  IPv4 shows no network. IPv6 shows no internet. Using windows 10.  I have to use my iphone hotspot to use the internet on the desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Established Sharer

Re: wifi secure no internet

[ Edited ]

avibuzz wrote:

I changed from ATT internet to spectrum yesterday.  Since that time I cannot get internet on my desktop. Nothing has changed except the new modem from spectrum. Using wireless adapter for the desktop. My other computers are using ethernet connection and have no problems. Network shows secure, no internet. I have tried everything found on the internet but with negative results.  IPv4 shows no network. IPv6 shows no internet. Using windows 10.  I have to use my iphone hotspot to use the internet on the desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated

So just to confirm your complaint, all your devices using a wired ethernet connection work properly.  Your laptop using a separate WiFi adaptor will not connect to the modem-router with WiFi that you are  renting from Spectrum.  That pretty well isolates the issue to the WiFi link, including its password security. 

Chances are that you have a mismatch in the type of password security.  Be sure both ends are set to WPA or WPA-2 - they MUST be set the same.  Then set the password on your laptop's separate WiFi adaptor to the password of the router.  Please report back if that doesn't get you up and running.

Expert

Re: wifi secure no internet

go into the ntwork connection, disable reenable the connection and make sure TCPIP is set to autodetect settings and not a static IP