the chance my local specrtum office has any docsis 3.1 modems ????????

so what are my chances i need and want a new docsis 3.1 modem but cant really afford 1 now but  spectrum has em free so do they have any in stock right now?

in the rgv brownsville tx area zip 78521

4 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: the chance my local specrtum office has any docsis 3.1 modems ????????

DR_Stranger_Who wrote:

so what are my chances i need and want a new docsis 3.1 modem but cant really afford 1 now but  spectrum has em free so do they have any in stock right now?

in the rgv brownsville tx area zip 78521

I'd say the chances are about as close to zero as possible.

Expert

Spectrum is replacing the 16&24 ch modems with obsolete 8 channel ones..

Highlighted
Expert

There is NO USE for a 3.1 modem, it will not work any better on the existing system which cannot affordably be updated to do docsis 3.1

Spectrum has no interest and will lose money if they implement IPTV

TWC's plan was to abandon coax in 2018 and start installing FIOS but with the buyout, that may never happen

Spectator

MsRaye wrote:

There is NO USE for a 3.1 modem, it will not work any better on the existing system which cannot affordably be updated to do docsis 3.1

Spectrum has no interest and will lose money if they implement IPTV

TWC's plan was to abandon coax in 2018 and start installing FIOS but with the buyout, that may never happen

I know in Cincinnati Ohio they are handing out Arris TG1602 modems with the faulty intel puma 6 chipset and if you pay for their wifi service you will get a Sagemcrap router in additon as well. Oh I mean Sagemcom router which is buggy as hell. I was able to get an Ubee modem and I was able to get the tech to readd the old wifi codes so I could use the built in wifi in the Ubee MTA vs the Sagemcrap router.