Newcomer
alooman

internet + customer service, what do you think?

So I have had Time Warner for a little under a year. We use the service for internet only and our service is for the fastest speed. As far as the service is concerned, we have had a wonderful experience for about 3 or 4 months. Then little hiccups here and there. I have noticed however in the past two months extreme hiccups in the service. I work from home and have to rely on the internet working and lately I haven't been able to rely on it. Today for example, I have intermitant service that has lasted the *entire* day. It will work right for about 5 minutes and then 5 minutes (or longer) of no service. When I click on a website or email it will take up to 5-8 minutes to load....if it loads at all! Now being the rational and reasonable person I am, I figured two months ago when I was experiencing this frequently, that it was just a bug--they would fix it. Two months later (today) same issues. This happens at least 2 days out of each week and I'm getting so frustrated that I'm seriously considering switching to a new provider.

Things I have already tried: 1. disconnect and reconnect router modem, restart computer, cleared cache.

Also does anyone else have a problem with the "my services" website where you can pay your bill online? It does not fail, every month when I try to go to the website it's down, or it won't load properly. I remember a few months ago it was so bad that I was trying to pay my bill for 7 days (tried getting on the website multiple times each day with no success). Then finally the 8th day I was able to access the website.

Customer service has NEVER emailed me back when I contact them. Not once. I mean even if the company can't do anything about the issue....they should at least try, or in the very least send a note to apologize to show the customer their business is appreciated.

At this point, I am so close to switching to another provider. The internet service I PAY for doesn't work, the customer service won't contact me back, and I have to keep checking their website multiple times a day to get through to pay my bill. Why am I even still with Time Warner????? lol :-/

TWC Employee
TWC-MichelleR

Re: internet + customer service, what do you think?

Our apologies for the service issues and inconvenience. Our Social Media team would be happy to further investigate this for you. You may contact them via email at twcable.help@twcable.com. 

Thank you for participating in the TWC Community Forums!
Browser
metulburr

ditto to that. I have TWC internet also. It is pretty much sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. And dont expect the indian who cannot speak english in customer server to be able to help much. They act like we are retarded and dont know how to reset the modem and router.

I pretty much got use to it after 2 years. Its kind of like the wild west, "you on your own" kind of thing. Sucks as we are paying them good money every month and they cant provide a good service we expect. I just keep dreaming and hoping that google fiber will come to my state so i can swtich.

Newcomer
Rocky

Switch!  My HOA has an exclusive contract with TWC for cable but I am at the point of discontinuing as I can get news and regular programming (although delayed) through internet on my mobile devices and Netflix for movies.  I was on the phone on hold for over a half hour and was transfered around and was frustrated.  TWC also has phone service but I found that  Verizon also provides service to my neighbor, so that will change for me soon as well.  I will go to their office and remove cable as a result.  TWC is GREEDY and has poor customer service in my opinion.

Newcomer
stuberk625

Glenn Britt is the CEO of Time Warner Cable. His e-mail address (which I doubt he reads, but at least your e-mails will go to the escalations group of customer service, so hopefully someone with his/her act together will help you) is:

glenn.britt@twcable.com

Newcomer
oldcollegeman

I have TWC for over a year and have the same problem with their internet service. It is a little better now after multiple calls and service calls. But it is still hit and miss. Sometimes works great and sometimes not, especially when it rains. And yet they keep raising the bill. TWC is ranked as one of the top five worst companies in customer service and I agree.

Newcomer
chatty47

Customer lied and never scheduled my appointment.

Same exact problem, they have been to my house at least 10 times. Internet constantly down, takes forever to connect. Called and scheduled an appointment on 7/28 for Time Warner to come out at 2pm the next day. Never showed up, never called me. I called them at 4pm, they had no appointment set for me and I was told there was no record of my call. I guess I imagined it. I was upset when I first called on 7/28 and apologized beforehand and during our conversation about the problems with the internet. Not only did the customer service man lie to me and not schedule an appointment he made sure that there was no record of me calling. I told them that their phone # was recorded on my tv because they called me back about an hour later for me to answer a customer service survey question, why would I get this call for the survey if I hadn't called them in the first place? I was also told that my bill would show some sort of discount last month for all the problems, Nope. They also told me that if I don't answer the phone when the cable man calls me he won't come by. Really?!!!!! Whats wrong with just the automatic reminder courtesy call that they already do? If I'm not here at the scheduled time it's my loss. For 200$ a month, Time Warner high speed internet SUCKS. Customer service lied and screwed me over. Thank You so much Time Warner for sticking it to me by my monthly bill of 198$ for crappy service all the way around.

Observer
maireladames

Re: Customer lied and never scheduled my appointment.

i agree with all of you, i have the same problem , i upgraded my internet, and it still pretty **bleep**ty, my internet is so laggy that i cant play call of duty online, when im trying to watch something online it keeps stopping and the internet keeps timing out 

Rookie
GlendaleQueens

Re: Customer lied and never scheduled my appointment.

Same thing here in Glendale Queens . 4 weeks and over 50 calls and 2 visits and 2 credits . When you make app automatic TWC voice calls you every day few times to confirm appointment . You can complain to cust service , they tell you no more auto calls , just to    hear again and again . Instead at least 10mb often 0.0025 upload and worst download . Coming like train , this moment you have next you dont .

Iam amazed with some experts at higher level, like one lady who told me , oh sir , download is important speed not upload . So I told her you have no idea about net and hang up . You need upload to log in , to enter password, commands etc, internet is BOTH way highway .

Technician came , changed cable from house to pole and told me that cable was water damaged . Problem is outside, he told me . Sunday , some twc big shot came and told me that all houses have same problem .

I told him this, 26 years ago Cablevision put that cables and sold to twc business . Nobody ever upgraded that cables from 1988 . 1998 onlu tv existed, 230 lines, internet didnt exist or hd tv .

And what twc did to my account , without my approval or knowledge they added charges about $10 month under Earthlinke cable max haha while my speed was under dial up speed , 1 mb . Called lady , she told me she will remove that charges . Checked today , charges are still for earthlink max cable . Called again guy told me  he will remove , tmr will show up , let see . If they keep this game doing on bye bye twc . Cancelled today global penny plan , soon will tv . Verizon fios is in Ridgewood , 5-6 blocks from me . As soon Fios is here bye bye after 50 plus calls and plug unplug for one month .

Newcomer
Bergonia

Same here.  Right now, 8 Jul 13, I am going through the hiccups.  It is annoying because of having to unplug the modem and plugging it back on.  I am waiting for CS to tell me it is my modem.  That way they can convince me to start renting again.