Occasional Contributor
metulburr

how to link your own modem to your account?

[ Edited ]

Once you buy a modem, how do you link it up with your account for internet?

What is the process of setting up your own. Do you just call when you have your own medoem hooked up and threy do whatever?

Pretty much, i am going to go and buy my modem now at walmart. I really think the type doesnt matter, i really think its a show from time warner cable about such and such work etc., as all the ones they claim that "work" are like 200 bucks, while the others price at 50 bucks. So i am going to buy the 50 dollar one and see if TWC put their foot in their mouth or not. Either way though, now that they raised it to 6 bucks a month fee, every year i am paying at least 72 dollars every year to "rent" their modem, while i could put the money into another manufacturer, and only pay it once, instead of annually.

Please use plain text.
TWC-JayW

Re: how to link your own modem to your account?

Once you purchase your own modem, you'll need to do 1 of 2 things to get it activated on our system...  1)  Call customer service & have them enter the new modem macID onto your account.  You'll still need to return the leased modem back to TWC.  2) You can goto your local office, turn in the old modem & have them remove it from your acct & then enter in the new modem macID #.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
ant

TWC-JayW wrote:

Once you purchase your own modem, you'll need to do 1 of 2 things to get it activated on our system...  1)  Call customer service & have them enter the new modem macID onto your account.  You'll still need to return the leased modem back to TWC.  2) You can goto your local office, turn in the old modem & have them remove it from your acct & then enter in the new modem macID #.

Can it be done online from another Internet connection?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
karlegas

No, you cannot add it online. Also I have a CS cannot add my modem until return the TWC modem, I asked put me with the internet support and they add it and keep the other on my account until I returned.

I checked the equipment page on my account and my modem not appears as OWNED in any part as in the office if that is on the system when you return the old one.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
ant

karlegas wrote:

No, you cannot add it online. Also I have a CS cannot add my modem until return the TWC modem, I asked put me with the internet support and they add it and keep the other on my account until I returned.

That sucks. I cannot use the phone due to my communication problems. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
osnu1008

Well To be honest with you, the kind of modem you have does affect your service, for example, a Docsis 2.0 modem (older modems back in 06 to 2008) can only give you from 1 meg a sec to 20 megs, that's the max, a Docsis 3.0 modem can give you speeds up from 1 meg a sec to 140 megs a sec or more, choose a Modem wisely. 

H4ck3r
Please use plain text.