Spectator

Upload speed inconsistent.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me troubleshoot something. I've attempted to stream TO Twitch.tv in the past and been able to do so flawlessly. Recently my upload speed is spiking up and down like it's on a roller coaster with no end. I have the Ultimate 200 plan with Spectrum and some speed tests stay consistant at near 15mb/s upload, then others (Spectrum Test, Testmy.net) say I'm sitting and bouncing between 2 and 6mb/s. I have reset everything I possibly can, scanned my computer for virus/malware, even did a fresh install of Win 10 to verify it was clean and I still have this issue. 

Thanks,

Beef

3 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Upload speed inconsistent.

Broastbeef wrote:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me troubleshoot something. I've attempted to stream TO Twitch.tv in the past and been able to do so flawlessly. Recently my upload speed is spiking up and down like it's on a roller coaster with no end. I have the Ultimate 200 plan with Spectrum and some speed tests stay consistant at near 15mb/s upload, then others (Spectrum Test, Testmy.net) say I'm sitting and bouncing between 2 and 6mb/s. I have reset everything I possibly can, scanned my computer for virus/malware, even did a fresh install of Win 10 to verify it was clean and I still have this issue. 

Thanks,

Beef

You have mentioned some speedtest findings and several resulting actions on your part, but you apparently have not checked the item you say has failed:  your internet connection.  If that is faulty all the other things you've done were unnecessary.  Forum volunteers can help you determine where the fault lies, if you send us some information.  The list of helpful details is pinned at the top of this forum:  

*****DATA TO POST TO GET HELP FROM THE COMMUNITY *

The most important items are the two historical  report pages from your data modem.  Do NOT reset your modem before pulling the reports - that clears iout the useful data.  If TWC recently reset your modem, wait a day berfore copying the report files.  Just copy/paste them in a reply message along with your answers to the above list of questions.

are you doing your speed test over wifi or coax? if its over wifi, the speed test will never show the same speed over and over again. wifi is a radio signal.

Established Sharer

Another very helpful item would be a TraceRt or Ping Plotter to your TwitchTV streaming site.  That will show which hops are adding long delays.

We can't do anything else for you without a reply that includes the modem report pages and route information.