Rookie

Turned off wifi on Arris 1672

I have an OnHub router so I disabled wireless on my Arris 1672  modem/router; all my wifi connections are on the OnHub.   I didn't do bridged mode because I need to use the ethernet ports on the router.  Is this the best way to manage this setup?  

Thanks  

4 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Turned off wifi on Arris 1672

you can run 2 nat device but devices won't talk to one another between the first and second ones

put the second router into bridged mode and the 1672 will do all the NAT.

Rookie

Is puting the second router in bridged the only additional step I need to do I'm not too familiar with the in's and out's of networking.
Highlighted
Expert

Yes, it turns it into a simple switch with a wireless access point. The primary router does all the work.  You will now see all the wireless devices mac's and IP's listed on the primary and where you set port forwarding and static ip's

I'd also turn off wireless AP isolation so all devices can talk to one another on it as well as the lan ports on the second router

Observer

Another option you can do is to disable the DHCP server on the wifi box. HOwever there is a bit of programming that does take place and as far as I am concerned, it is not that complicated. Or even easier would be to get a wireless access point.