How do I correct this?Gateway _ Connection _ WAN Network - LAN.jpg1 hour off

5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Time

@guyonly

Here is a link to a post that might provide an answer for you: 

SB6183 shows incorrect system time

I'd be interested to see if any of our regular users including:  

@Satch@reds91185@karlbeckman or @agentx5 have some insight for this question. 

Proven Sharer

@guyonly wrote:

My modem shows the wrong time.

How do I correct this?

Can you determine if it is actually displaying Zulu Time?  (I don't think it is, considering this post is 7 hours old, but you never know).

Helper

I don't think there is anything you as a user can do about it. Does it actually cause you any problems?

Established Sharer

Your hypothesis would be easy to check.  Zulu or UTC time (sometimes incorrectly called Greenwich Mean Time) is currently FOUR hours ahead of the North American  Eastern time zone which is on Daylight Saving Time. 

As others have hinted, the cable company's time servers remain on STANDARD time all year and are dual sync'd with redundant GPS receivers and backup clock sites.  There are no spring ahead or fall back settings for any cable TV or internet users to worry about, but the modem's clock will be one hour behind the clock on the wall in most of the USA..

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

@karlbeckman  My grade school LIED. We were taught GMT!!!

It was in the late 70's so it had already changed unbeknownst to my teachers

apparently...

"Prior to 1972, this time was called Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) but is now referred to as Coordinated Universal Time or Universal Time Coordinated (UTC). It is a coordinated time scale, maintained by the Bureau International des Poids et Mesures (BIPM). It is also known as "Z time" or "Zulu Time"."

Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums