Occasional Contributor
SourCaffeine

Time Warner is such a joke.

I had AT&T before Time Warner cable. I cancelled with AT&T because their customer service was absolutely horrible, but the service provided was solid. Their hardware was always limited, but overall the service was good.

Switching over to Time Warner, I am greeted by old, outdated hardware and an incredibly cheap wireless router. Sure, I have my own router, but the one provided was laughable at best. How Time Warner thinks they are providing good hardware is beyond me.

My service has been incredibly erratic and frustrating. I am supposed to have a 20Mbps connection speed and I will get that for a few hours out of the day. What's funny is no one in my area even has Time Warner, they all run AT&T, so it's clearly not throttled. Most of the day my connection speed is less than 5Mbps with upwards of 100ms ping or more.

It is an absolute joke and I wonder why I switched providers. I never was a fan of AT&T, but I can't get FiOS in this area, so I thought I could get away with Time Warner. Outdated hardware, and poor service.

The only bright spot is the technician who installed my service was at least competient, unlike with other ISPs I've had in the past. I will however, be cancelling my Time Warner Service and returning to AT&T within the next few days, unless of course the issue is corrected soon, which I highly doubt it will.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Satch

I'd Set Up A Service Call Before Cancelling

[ Edited ]

SourCaffeine wrote:

I had AT&T before Time Warner cable. I cancelled with AT&T because their customer service was absolutely horrible, but the service provided was solid. Their hardware was always limited, but overall the service was good.

Switching over to Time Warner, I am greeted by old, outdated hardware and an incredibly cheap wireless router. Sure, I have my own router, but the one provided was laughable at best. How Time Warner thinks they are providing good hardware is beyond me.

My service has been incredibly erratic and frustrating. I am supposed to have a 20Mbps connection speed and I will get that for a few hours out of the day. What's funny is no one in my area even has Time Warner, they all run AT&T, so it's clearly not throttled. Most of the day my connection speed is less than 5Mbps with upwards of 100ms ping or more.

It is an absolute joke and I wonder why I switched providers. I never was a fan of AT&T, but I can't get FiOS in this area, so I thought I could get away with Time Warner. Outdated hardware, and poor service.

The only bright spot is the technician who installed my service was at least competent, unlike with other ISPs I've had in the past. I will however, be cancelling my Time Warner Service and returning to AT&T within the next few days, unless of course the issue is corrected soon, which I highly doubt it will.

Have you had your wireless router checked out and a service call done before switching providers?  At least give TWC a chance to fix your problem before switching.  I have been with TWC for twenty-five years and love the discount deals and package offerings that the competition has never been able to match. The DVR and Guide can be slow at times, however,  Phone and Internet have been rock-solid here.  A few years ago, to save $10 a month, I was having Internet dropouts on my TWC wireless router.  Bought my own router and modem and that solved the problem.

I would do a service call first at least.  Have your signal and lines tested first.  It sounds like the installer messed something up with the installation.  Hopefully, that solves the problem. If it does not, than you can look at getting your own router/modem before cancelling.  You can also sign up and use the TWC help page on Twitter you can:

• Get a Twitter Account or Log in to Twitter
  • Follow TWC Help
  • Send a direct message (secure private message) with your name, address, phone, and account number.
  • They will get someone out to look at your issues.

Post back, and let us know what's up?  Keep the idea open of getting your own modem and router where you should be able to get that monthly rental fee off the account if the service call does not go well.  But I think it will be good.

You can also call customer service for High-Speed Internet, set up on-line chat help.  Here is the link to TWC's on-line Twitter help Customer Care Team:

https://twitter.com/TWC_Help

Hope they can help!  Sorry you are having a bad experience!

Satch

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
SourCaffeine

Re: I'd Set Up A Service Call Before Cancelling

I am not an idiot. I am an IT manager and a server admin. I've done a line test myself, and it's fine. If you read my post you'd know I have my own router.

Time Warner is just a crap service. Either the lines in this area are bad, or their service is bad. Seeing as how I've never had an issue with the actual service of AT&T, and after doing line tests, I can say pretty certainly that it is Time Warner incredibly terrible service.

Funny thing is, I've had Time Warner in the past, and this was the same issue. I gave Time Warner anothr go thinking maybe the service changed. Apparently not.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
deannan614

Re: Time Warner is such a joke.

yes it is, i have been a ustomer for about 20 yrs, my husband recently was disabled and does not get paid till the 3rd wednesday of ev month, they wil not help us because of that, so now my service is being disconnected as of the 14th and i have to go with a new provider, so i would have to make double payments to them to keep service each month because they will not wait for his guaranteed check!!! this is pretty sad, they have been ruse and when you call them you hav to wait for a long time and get transferred to many people!!!! 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
SourCaffeine

Yeah, I knew this ISP was a bad idea. After spending time on the phones all the representative could do was apologize. They ran a test on my line, said it was fine. I scheduled a technication to come out and they seemed to give me a hassel over it.

However, this is besides the point. Time Warner acts like they are doing everyone a favor by providing a crap service. "a few days" until the problem can be fixed is not acceptable to me. I do all of my work over the internet, and the fact that I can lose a job because I pay for a bad service is not acceptable.

I feel like I can bring much attention to this issue in my city, and I plan to do so.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dante

Re: I'd Set Up A Service Call Before Cancelling

Time Warner Is same at everywhere you go. I am paying $54 for 5mph internet speed. In ad it says 20mph.(yes it is 20mph 1 hour in a day then 5mph) I missed my Comcast.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
SourCaffeine

Yeah, after giving TWC another chance, keeping it for a while and seeing if the poorly trained technicans could fix the issues, I have decided it is an even bigger joke than I originally thought.

This time a technician came while I was actually here this time, and all he did was run a ping from command prompt. Saw no issue and was on his way out the door. I told him it was probably a DNS issue, and he said it must be a "internet explorer issue" (I don't even have Internet Explorer). I did a trace route myself, he said he knows nothing about those things. I proceeded to ask him if he was new and he told me he was not.

I don't blame the guy for being an idiot, I blame TWC for hiring an idiot, or not providing adequate training. TWC still provides routers running DOCSIS 2.0, which I have found out that old hardware is ALL TWC supplies.

It is a joke, and the fact that an actual TWC employee has not replied to this topic, despite it being around for a while and addressing a common complaint is absolutely disgraceful.

This is the worst service I've ever had, as confirmed by others I know with the same serivce.

Please use plain text.
TWC-JuliaR

As a member our community stated, you can call, contact our online support via Twitter, or you can email us at twcable.help@twcable.com.  We can then look further into the matter.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
SourCaffeine

THAT is your response? Absolutely pitiful.

Please use plain text.