Newcomer

Thanks, Spectrum, for internet speed boost

I received a letter from Spectrum the other day announcing that internet speeds in my area (Windsor, ME) had increased from 60 Mbps to 100 Mbps  at no additional cost. Sure enough, it's true. From a nominal 60 down and 5 up, it looks like I'm now provisioned at 100 down and 10 up. (Both before and after the change, actual speeds were and are significantly faster.)

So, thanks, Spectrum, for this welcome development. The initial 60/5 was a huge  improvement over what Time Warner Cable previously offered, and the new uptick makes Spectrum internet even better. I was annoyed at a $4 monthly rate increase several months ago. At least now I feel that I'm getting something for the extra $$.

7 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Thanks, Spectrum, for internet speed boost

@jmfrankel

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience.  Our strategy is for you to be happy with your services.   

If you ever need direct assistance,  we can be also be reached at: 

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Rookie

I got the same letter back on 11/08/2017. Still running around 60mbps down and 5 mpbs up hard wired to Netgear R7000.  Is there something I need to do?

Untitled2.jpeg

Community Manager

@Captiva

Please try restarting the modem, connecting directly to the modem and repeating the speed test.  

Spectrum Social Media Customer Care

Highlighted
Rookie

Yes that did the trick! up to 112.1 down  10.3 up.

Now to figure out how to get the Netgear R7000 to do the same.

Thanks!

Rookie

On the router I turned off something called QoS, adjusted MTU from 1500 to 1492, and now getting 114.2 down and 10.05 up. Yay!

Untitled 2.jpeg

Community Manager

@Captiva

Glad to hear the Internet service is working as it should be now.  Our goal is for you to be happy with your services.  

If you ever need assistance in the future, please let us know.  We can also be reached on Twitter and Facebook.  

Established Sharer

Yes, removing the QoS will allow a single user device to use the entire connected bandwidth.  Great for running speed tests, but not always helpful when multiple devices are connected, especially if you are both streaming a video and gaming, on different machines.  We usually suggest leaving QoS on but with the limit set for about half your speed.  That way one single app can't hog your entire connection.  Just remember to turn it off for speed tests, and don't change the MTU value!