Newcomer

Re: Texas area internet outage 11/1/17

Been without internet and phone service since yesterday 5pm and today almost noon and they still don’t have an answer how much longer till it’s up
Observer

Had the DNS issue this morning (75070 zip code) when we got up.  Changed the DNS server settings in the Cable Modem to point to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google) as a temp fix.  Also had to do the following on each Windows desktop in the house:

In a command prompt window:

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

After which full Internet connectivity was restored.  Awaiting Spectrum to get their DNS servers back online and will switch back at that time.

THX!

Newcomer

Perhaps someone knows a decent ISP near the 78726 area.  This is a seriously bad sign about the level of understanding they have about their network with it being out so long.  They clearly are completely lost.  Could be quite some time before they're back up & running.

Newcomer

I live in 76001. Mine has been out for almost 24 hrs.
Can someone give an ETA for service to be back?
A couple hours,? another day? A week? Just give an estimate.
I am just about done with these people.
Not just over the service being out. I get it. Stuff happens. But the lack of communication really comes across as complete indifference for the customers.
Many who need this service for work.
Tell people what is going on!
Newcomer

You can credit all customers for loss of service. This is a major inconvenience and been going on well over 24 hours now. FIX IT!

30 hours without Internet, I'm seriously thinking about switching to AT&T fiber-optics.
N/A

The internet outage situation is still happening, and it blows. We get outages once a week. Your service is terrible. TWC didn’t have this many problems. I am super unhappy with Spectrum. I pay a decent amount for the service I get, and it’s completely subpar. Fix your connectivity. Or you will lose a lot of customers.