Highlighted
Observer

Tech support congrats

Hello forum,  I want to personally thank internet tech support(  I hope that’s the right title) who guided me through the most confusing snafu fubar and words I can’t print here fixing my brand new router/modem . His name is Josh from support Honolulu. I had an installer who swapped the set-top box on my tv plus upgraded my router/modem to an AC 3.1 type replacing an old Arris 1670A.  She plugged everything in, said sign, and out the door. The unit quit, then Kail from Honolulu got me back, but 4 hours later it quit. I got ahold of Lea, she got me to Josh, and he slowly walked me through things,plus showed me the firewall and helped me change the password. Great service from these techs, they really care. This 71 year old grandpa is better tonight.

‘Thanks again guys, I really did appreciate your help! 😊

Paul,from Big island Hawaii.

6 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Tech support congrats

That's great to hear. Do you happen to know what the problem was and what they did to fix it? It could help another customer with a similar problem in the future.

Community Manager

@peh

Thanks for the feedback.  We consistently hear positive comments about the support team in Hawaii.  We will be sure to share your comments with them.   

If you would like us to provide direct feedback to Josh and his supervisor, please contact us so we can get your information. 

Please contact us at: 

Observer

The voice router/modem system E31U2V1 was apparently not setup properly by installing tech as I had to contact Josh and he did all the setting tweaks while we were on the phone. He said this is brand new equipment and thought I had a defective modem but further investigation proved that false as things are working again. Techie Kian gave the system a hit, but didn’t last, Josh through Lea in Honolulu nailed it. BTY the tv set box had me getting horrible screen image I had to use the  aspect setting to stretch to see anything, but this AM turned on tv, it paused, then beautiful high Deff. So, back in business here, all I can say is don’t let the installer run away before making sure the equipment works. It was sure major stress for a while, and don’t forget to change that password in the firewall for saftey.

paul

Observer

Thanks, he was thoughtful enough that he gave me his phone number in case it acts up again. Total customer care, I had a great learning experience as he walked me through a snafu’ed mess of a mess and got me up and running again.

Thanks!

Paul from Big Island Hawaii

Observer

I don’t have either twitter or Facebook lol, Just tell the supervisors they sure made my day!

Thanks,
Paul
Community Manager

I will pass it along.  Thanks again for taking the time to share your positive experience !