Valued Contributor
Satch

TWC: Approved Modems To Own List (Internet)

I got a pamphlet today for TWC approved Internet modems. My understanding is that these modems do not apply for TWC Digital Phone Services, at least not yet:

1.) The following modems will work with Lite, Basic, and Standard Internet (TWC):

Motorola SB5101
Motorola SB5101U
Motorola SB6121
Motorola SB6141
Motorola SBG901
Motorola SBG6580
Netgear CMD31T
Zoom 534U
Zoom 5350
Zoom 5352
ZyXEL CDA-30630

2.) The following models will work with Turbo, Extreme, and Ultimate Internet (TWC):

Motorola SB6121
Motorola SB6141
Motorola SBG6580
Netgear CMD31T
Zoom 534U
Zoom 5350
Zoom 5352
ZyXEL CDA-30630

Mods, might want to pin this thread.

Satch

Please use plain text.
anona123

Re: TWC: Approved Modems To Own List (Internet)

hey ive got the netgear n600 wireless dual band router, which looks exactly like the 

Netgear CMD31T. what exactly is the difference and why can't i use the n600 the same way as the cmd31t?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ant

[ Edited ]

Also on http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/support/topics/internet/buy-your-modem.html ...

The one I got wasn't even that long!

Too bad there are no modems with digital phones together. It sucks that you have to get a separate modem if you want to keep the digital phone service. More plug, power, and heat. Argh!

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Satch

ant wrote:

Also on http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/support/topics/internet/buy-your-modem.html ...

The one I got wasn't even that long!

Too bad there are no modems with digital phones together. It sucks that you have to get a separate modem if you want to keep the digital phone service. More plug, power, and heat. Argh!

Thanks!  Did not see the list, which is pinned, but I think that list is locked to new replies, so no need to pin mine. We can use this topic to reply to concewrns or questions about the approved modem list.  Hope this helps!

Satch

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dlsayremn

anona123,

The Netgear CMD31T is a modem. That is, a device to convert the broadband signals to something that can be used by computers, routers and other devices. It ha a single connector for the cable and a SINGLE ethernet port. It is a modem only and does not have routing or wireless capability.

Your Netgear N300 is a wireless router only. It has no built in modem. It has no cable connectors, only ethernet ports.
Please use plain text.
jenthehappygeek

1. Why can't the Motorola SURFboard SB5101 be used with Turbo?  It is capable of up to 30mbps and turbo is only up to 20mbps.  I wanted to switch to standard but they were going to INCREASE my bill about $20.
Please use plain text.
nonejr

is there a list of approved dual band routers 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RAIST5150

[ Edited ]

HA! They kept the 4CH SB6121, but removed the 8CH Zoom 5341J? They wanted to blame my issues on my store bought 5341J (from BestBuy) back in January.  I managed to swap it out for the SB6121, which just made things worse. Just went back and bought another 5341J (from Walmart no less...had been too long to try to swap the SB6121 with BestBuy, so now I have two modems)--and things improved. So... why isn't the seemingly better (in my case) 5341J still on the list?

Edit:

Or maybe that 534U is a typo of some sort and should actualy be 5341J?

Please use plain text.
Banacek

TWC says that the SB6121 doesn't work with Ultimate 75 and 100. Even though it did in December. 

Dec: http://i.imgur.com/gOQBbH2.png

May: http://i.imgur.com/W7Vhj3N.png

Never bothered to notify me of the change, just kept charging. 

Please use plain text.