Rookie

TRANSFER OVER TO Spectrum????

Let me get this Straight as to this Sheisty business practice that is going on.  You bought Time Warner Cable Correct?  Why Should I as a Consumer of the product that you Purchased have to switch over to Spectrum?  This is in order to get 60 MBPS internet as I am PAYING Same Price for 25MBPS. Shouldnt YOU have just Flashed my Modem? God knows you have every right to reset my Modem that I purchased because Time Warner was going to start charging us for.   I know time warner would have flashed it if I hacked it to get faster speeds without my approval.  I think I am going to cancel my business all together and my bill is $189 a month and not worth the service I get from you sheisters.

6 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: TRANSFER OVER TO Spectrum????

When they upped me from 20 to 60 I saw no improvement . For what it's worth.

Established Sharer

diocco073 wrote:

Let me get this Straight as to this Sheisty business practice that is going on.  You bought Time Warner Cable Correct?  Why Should I as a Consumer of the product that you Purchased have to switch over to Spectrum?  This is in order to get 60 MBPS internet as I am PAYING Same Price for 25MBPS. Shouldnt YOU have just Flashed my Modem? God knows you have every right to reset my Modem that I purchased because Time Warner was going to start charging us for.   I know time warner would have flashed it if I hacked it to get faster speeds without my approval.  I think I am going to cancel my business all together and my bill is $189 a month and not worth the service I get from you sheisters.

Just to clarify,  you are paying Spectrum for 25 Mbps internet service,  and you bought your own modem previously to avoid renting one from TWC. 

The forums get peer-to-peer support from customer volunteers with experience in the world of cable TV and internet networks.  Unless the poster is clearly identified as a TWC or Spectrum employee, we are customers just like you, with no financial interest in Spectrum and no influence over their technical or business practices.  We CAN help you to discover and resolve quality of service issues, but we can't read or flash your modem.  

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Good morning. 

You are not obligated to change packages. You can remain on your TWC plan. If you are looking for a different package you are free to move to a Spectrum plan.

TWC did not offer a plan that offered 25. We had a 20x2 and a 30x5  and 50x5 if you were

in an area that had not been upgraded. 

TWC did not, nor did we plan to, charge you a lease fee for your customer owned modem.

That being said, if you do want to move to a Spectrum plan you can use our modem, at no charge, or you can continue to use yours, provided your modem is qualified for the speed you are signing up for. 

If you would like to further discuss the options available for you we encourage you to phone into 1-800-892-4357 or visit a store location. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Expert

When  legacy customers switch to Spectrum, they are told they need a new modem and one is shipped to them. I would keep it in the box, should when you quit service or move, you have a modem to ship back for credit as there have already been complaints from COAM modem customers moving or cancelling.

well first and foremost it would be illegal to just switch your service without your knowledge. Secondly you have to switch because you purchased a twc service not a spectrum one. I feel like people think twc just changed they're name. NO, it is a completely different company.

Lead Moderator

@spoiledcustslay

A bit of clarification. Our Legacy TWC customers are not required to change to a Spectrum package. They are free to keep the existing TWC plan if they like. If an upgrade or change is whanted or needed we would need to migrate/change to a Spectrum package/product because we are no longer adding legacy products/packages to accounts, existing or new.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums