Rookie

T3 Errors, Gaming Lag

Hello, i've contacted TWC support 3 times already, the tech only come to check the signal to noise ratio, ask me if the internet connection drops, check the upload and download and tell me everything is fine, they however ignore my questions as to why im getting t3 errors,  sometimes t4 errors, a lot of uncorrectables and correctable erros on my downstream channels, the last time the tech said it could be my router but my router is not the one logging those errors is my modem, the tech didn't even ask or bothered to look at my modems event log, here are some screenshots i took of the problem. The first picture is from before the tech came and second after they were done "fixing" the issue.

http://i64.tinypic.com/33vlx0l.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/xfu6o5.jpg

5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: T3 Errors, Gaming Lag

Wish you folks would copy and paste directly here..

You have broadcast tv ingress and I'll guess it's not fixed. Repost a copy of the signal page, let's see if the correcteds are still increasing.., also your zip code to do a channel lookup.

Established Sharer

TinyPic doesn't seem to work in FF at all and can;'t be resized in Edge.  Try copying the report page as text and paste it into a reply, or send a pdf;  then the forum can see your information. 

Expert

has bad ingress from ch's 32,39,41 and 45.

My xpsp3 FF opens them fine, I just can't bring up both on a single screen to compare the before and after levels to see if anything was changed. People need to learn old school copy and pasting or get a device that allows it, lol.

usually T3 or T4 errors are wiring issues. Id suggest you unscrew your coax cable from both modem and wall as well as unplug the power cord, put coax back on and plug power back in and try again. if issue remains, they cables need to be replaced or can be modem. Also if your doing gaming and your not hardwired in which Id suggest, you might want to look into port forwarding so you get a steady connection
Expert

TWC has been there , done that, they are not correcting the ingress issue which probably is also causing the t3-t4 problems, Unfortunately , It's due to ancient outside plant and that most T3-T4 issues are somewhere else on the coaxial node and all subscribers suffer equally. mine here was a 20 meter long tapped off hardline stub to a house far from the street that never had TWC service and had receivable egress near 1000 feet away, once I had a bucket truck guy fix it, my T3's dropped from a few a week to maybe one a month. This was done without a useless call to TWC's call center....

Twc does little to clean up ingress and egress issues which are the source of most intermittent upstream issues. There's plenty cobbled together  and improperly installed hardline connections as well as corroded subscriber taps to blame, they simply don't fix them... my F connector on the tap off is the newest one there and it's 4+ years old, the others are green with corrosion and one is getting leaky

It's not the T3's that are killing the gaming (just not enough of them) but the DS ingress and correctables/ uncorrectables.  Uncorrectables require a dat byte replacement all the way thru the TWC and backbone to get a new uncorrupted byte. That inturns causes a 1-5 second drop in streaming game data/video. and then cath up bytes...

correcteds are corrected much faster, only the first hop to the CMTS, but if it doesn't work the second time, it's now an uncorrected.