Highlighted
Rookie

Stuck on my old speeds when using my own router. Gigabit

I have gigabit speeds when I am hooked up to the Spectrum provided router but it does not have the Wireless strenth that my current router does. When I try to use my own router it gives me my old TWC speeds of 300/24. Do I need to clone the mac aress of my modem/router? I have been trying to troubleshoot for the last 2 days.

1. Your location. city, state, zip. Single or multi family complex. Frisco, TX 75035 Single Family House
  2. Services you get from TWC. Gigabit
  3. Make and model of modem. Techincolor TC-4400AM
  4. Make and model of router(s). Asus RT-AC88U
  5. Firmware level in modem (or, post modem page) ?
  6. Confirm modem is Online or report otherwise. Login to your twc account and click on troubleshoot. Confirm modem with correct serial/mac has a green dot.  Yes
  7. What are your purchased speeds? What are results from Spectrum speed test. down, up, ping, jitter? 1000/35, Getting 300/24 from spectrum speed test.

Rest of the questions seem pointless to me.

2 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Stuck on my old speeds when using my own router. Gigabit

Have you at least tried fully powering down the router for a few minutes? Sometimes just a reboot may resolve a couple potential config issues, but a full power down for about 5 minutes stands a better chance of clearing cached data and such.

If that fails, a factory reset of the router may be easier than trying to step through everything that may be causing issues.
Rookie

Re: Stuck on my old speeds when using my own router. Gigabit

Thanks, the hard reset worked!