Rookie

Spectrum disabled wifi on my modem/router

I have been using my combo modem router (c6300) for an year now. I upgraded my speed recently and requested a Spectrum modem . I activated it , didnt like like due to lower speeds. 
I called Spectrum to reactive my modem router(c6300) and I haven't had wifi since then. The wifi led lights are turned off.
If I remove the coax and reset the modem, I can connect to modem's internal wifi just fine but right after I connect the coax, the modem reboots and wifi is turned off.
Netgear thinks there is no issue with the modem and suggest I talk to Spectrum L3 support. 

please help.

7 REPLIES
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Spectrum disabled wifi on my modem/router

This is why we don't recomend all in ones... Call spectrum back, tell them you own the modem and to turn the wireless back on....

This is why you need a seperate modem and router... To keep the cable co out of the router.

Rookie

Thanks MsRaye.
I realize the mistake now . I just don’t want invest another 100 bucks on a router now

Spectrum keeps saying that they have no control over router capabilities of my modem.
What exactly am I supposed to ask them this time ? Thanks
Browser

Hi Smoola -  a pin reset on your modem should re-enable your wifi.

When you call Spectrum - ask them to review your account in the billing system Ask them to verify there is no wifi disable code in the biller . The problem if it exists with the wifi code in the  biller can easily be corrected.

Expert

factory reset won't work, the provisioning file will turn it back off, you need to have tier 3 fix it...

Lead Moderator

Good afternoon @smoola I am seeing that you are using our modem now.

Have you decided to go with our modem and your own router? 
How is that working for you? Have you had any connections issues or are

things going well? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

@Julia_R Since the technician that came in and support 3 couldn't figure out the wifi issue with my own modem/router, I am forced to buy own router and use Spectrum modem. No issues so far.
btw- my modem/router fails to broadcast wifi only after connecting coax cable.

Expert

Spectrum has it configured wrong... COAM devices have always been an issue with a "Comsonics" name on them and you need to have tier 3 fix the file for your modem...

Again, this is why we don't recomend all in one devices, they were not supported by TWC and even less by Spectrum