Not applicable

Spectrum and T-Mobile CellSpot

Anyone have a T-Mobile 4G Cellspot? This has to connect via Spectrum to work, and evidently Spectrum has made some change that makes it take 3-4 DAYS for the cellspot to connect. In the meantime, I have no cell reception in my house. T-Mobile says they have been swarmed with Spectrum customers suddenly having issues.
11 REPLIES
Not applicable

Re: Spectrum and T-Mobile CellSpot

Yes, I have it and it took a few days on several occasions, and most recently, when I lost power to the Cellspot.  I started with the blinking lights for 2 days.   I had the blinking green power light and blinking amber internet light for several days.  I actually didn't believe it was Spectrum.   But somehow it has been an ongoing issue between T-Mobile and them.  Very frustrating too, but I gave it time and it finally connected.  For me, it was 20 hours the last time. 

Established Sharer

This issue is going to become more severe as T-Mobile starts activating their new 4G LTE channels, which operate on the same frequencies that Spectrum uses to provide cable internet service to their customers.  In some cases the CellSpot or the cellphone itself creates high levels of interference that block the modem from having a solid internet connection. 

Newcomer

I just returned my Cellspot to TMO because it takes a few days to connect. I'll just fall back to WiFi calling. I even had TMO replace one of the Cellspots for me and same results.

UDP 123, 500 and 4500 are wide open though. Makes no sense.

Not applicable

Yes, and Spectrum said I’m the first person to report the issue.  My cellspot has been dead for a week (it died when I plugged a device into the LAN port, causing it to need to re-register).

Rookie

Yeah having the same problem. My cellspot went down last night and will not reconnect. Called TMobile tech support and they said it may take up to 4 + days for it to re-establish connection. TMobile engineers are supposedly aware of the probllem and working on it.

Sounds to me like they don't have an answer yet.  Was this casued by a Spectrum firmware or sw update to the modem, or is Spectrum blocking or dropping the TMobile cellspots from their network?

Newcomer

Mine rebooted and never came back. It's been out all week. 

If it's not back soon, I'll need to ditch time warner/spectrum and switch to Verizon.

Rookie

My cellspot just came back online Sat 8:30 AM.  Took over 30 hrs to reconnect

Established Sharer

Sounds like the folks at T-mobile were able to replicate the problem and get it fixed for you.  Don't know why it takes up to four days for a reboot, but it was their system at fault, not Spectrum. Those things can happen when cellphone companies try to connect cell phone mini-sites using cable-based internet service instead of fixing their coverage holes. 

You can mark this thread SOLVED by using the dropdown 'Options' menu at upper right.

Not applicable

Yes I have and it’s frustrating to say the least. T-Mobile says it’s the cable companies fault and it can take up to 4 days for my cellspot to register. It’s been over 24 hrs and mine is still not working. I dont think either company will take blame for it m, which leaves people like is frustrated. Will I have to wait 4 days every time this happens?