Not applicable

Service outage

Anyone else in the West San Fernando Valley having an outage of all cable services right now?
6 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Service outage

Are you still having trouble with the services? 

If you are I would encourage you to contact us directly.

Our Social Media Customer Care team can be reached at: 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

&
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Not applicable

complete outage on my spectrum services internet and tv since late last night in Studio city

WTH is going on?

Highlighted
Established Sharer

@SuzanneGand @DG01

When you complain about a service outage, please include your ZIP Code so forum readers can tell which part of North America is affected.  And, the forums are NOT the right place to report outages, since most readers are 'civilian' customers just like you.  We're not Spectrum employees who can fix anything for anybody.  Place your trouble report calls to the phone number on your monthly Spectrum bill. 

Not applicable

"West San Fernando Valley" and "Studio City" defines location, sir.

Not applicable

I did not expect anyone here to fix my outage. Just conferring with locals and making my outage public.

Sharer

@DG01 wrote:

"West San Fernando Valley" and "Studio City" defines location, sir.

Not exactly... well, more specifically not necessarily with the precision that is sometimes preferred.

While Studio City is one neighborhood in that area that is assigned it's own Zip Code... it is only one of about 20 for that area.  Referencing location broadly as the OP did may only narrow it down to a handful of communities at best in some cases... in the more extreme cases it could be a dozen or more unique areas.

Basically, when it comes to a large utility system, it isn't specifying the particular segments of the system that may be experiencing issues.  Giving something more specific like the neighborhood's zip code may help considerably narrow down potential nodes in play.  It is not at all uncommon for issues to be more localized to one specific burrow as opposed to the entire city as a whole.  For example, the Rosewood Community that makes up a large part of southeast Columbia,SC can be experiencing it's own unique set of issues that don't affect downtown Columbia, nor the Forest Acres community on the northeast side.  Both communities are part of Columbia, SC... but have their own dedicated districting when it comes to specific municipal and utility services... as well as unique zip codes.

Even in my small town of just under 40,000 people,  we have separate zip codes that note specific neighborhoods.  One big urban area, two extremely rural districts on opposite ends of town, and a couple large suburb areas... and each of these districts face different infrastructure challenges.  For example, two are almost exclusively served by a different power company from the others.  We have 8 public school districts that funnel into 3 high schools... some of those students are bussed in from neighboring towns that have been sort of adopted as part of our town, even though they technically are their own towns with their own zip codes.  When many business answer calls for support they request the zip code, not the city.  Even the car dealers use zip and not town name.  When they set appointments or start your service ticket, they ask for name, street address and zip--Not city/state, but zip code.

Providing the zip code is far more precise and simpifies the process, avoiding potential ambiguity.