Rookie

Sagemcom Router drops wireless connection - hard-wired fine

Hello,

I have a newer (less than 3 months old) Sagemcom Router with both 2G and 5G.  When hard-wired, everything is great!  However, the wireless intermittently drops the connection multiple times a day, which interupts downloads, Netflix, and gaming.

I've had Specturm out to service the lines.  That plus no issues on the hard-wired side leads me to believe that it is something with the wirless router itself.

The devices in question (laptop, TV,  game console) are all located in the same room as the router and within 15 feet max.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES
Observer

Re: Sagemcom Router drops wireless connection - hard-wired fine

I'm having the exact same problem.  Connection drops to Netflix on a wi-fi smart tv every 10-15 minutes.  Sometimes more often.

Helper

@cincyjas53 wrote:

Hello,

I have a newer (less than 3 months old) Sagemcom Router with both 2G and 5G.  When hard-wired, everything is great!  However, the wireless intermittently drops the connection multiple times a day, which interupts downloads, Netflix, and gaming.

I've had Specturm out to service the lines.  That plus no issues on the hard-wired side leads me to believe that it is something with the wirless router itself.

The devices in question (laptop, TV,  game console) are all located in the same room as the router and within 15 feet max.

Any ideas?

Wifi connectivity issues are just about the most difficult to diagnose because of the almost infinite number of factors that can have an impact. This could be caused by interference from nearby cellular towers, fluorescent lights, microwaves, baby monitors, cordless phones, or most commonly, interference from your neighbors.  Try to set the router to use channels that your neighbors aren't using, especially difficult if you live in high density housing like apartments.

Observer

I took the router to the Spectrum service center and swapped it out.  I ended up getting an Askey router.  It seems to have solved the problem.  You might try that.

Rookie

Thanks, I will try the same as I never (not an exageration) had this issue with CinBell and my Cisco Wifi Router.

Rookie

I completely understand this.  However, I never had this issue with CinBell and my Cisco wireless router.

Thanks!

Helper

@cincyjas53 wrote:

I completely understand this.  However, I never had this issue with CinBell and my Cisco wireless router.

Thanks!

All routers aren't created equal. I've seen many negative reports about those Sagemcom routers not being able to keep up when conditions aren't "perfect."