Newcomer

SBG650- SSID not showing || Wifi not working

I transferrd my service to a new address and had to move to Spectrum in the process. My wifi SSID is not showing on any of my devices. My ISP is Spectrum. What can be done about this? Log below after resetting to default and rebooting the modem within the GUI (also tried unplugging):

Mon Apr 16 19:53:25 2018  	 Critical (3) 	 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 
 Mon Apr 16 19:49:50 2018  	 Notice (6) 	 WiFi Interface [wl0] set to Channel 11 (Side-Band Channel:N/A) - Reason:INTERFERENCE 
 Mon Apr 16 19:49:32 2018  	 Notice (6) 	 WiFi Interface [wl0] set to Channel 1 (Side-Band Channel:N/A) - Reason:INTERFERENCE 
 Mon Apr 16 19:49:05 2018  	 Notice (6) 	 WiFi Interface [wl0] set to Channel 11 (Side-Band Channel:N/A) - Reason:INTERFERENCE 
 Mon Apr 16 19:49:02 2018  	 Notice (6) 	 TLV-11 - unrecognized OID;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:67:56:6d;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 
 Mon Apr 16 19:49:01 2018  	 Error (4) 	 Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.9;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 
 Mon Apr 16 19:49:01 2018  	 Error (4) 	 Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.8;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 
 Time Not Established 	 Warning (5) 	 DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response ;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0; 
 Time Not Established 	 Critical (3) 	 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out  
 Time Not Established 	 Notice (6) 	 WiFi Interface [wl0] set to Channel 6 (Side-Band Channel:N/A) - Reason:INIT 

3 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: SBG650- SSID not showing || Wifi not working

Also, I've tried nearly every 802.11 band, bandwidth, and control channel. When I reset the modem, the deafult SSID shows for about 20 seconds before disappearing. 

Spectrum Employee

Hello there,

You are working with the Motorola 6580? Is this your eq, or is it a rental?

Since you said that you see the default SSID, and then it goes away, sounds like the router is being disabled inside this gateway.  Please call into internet repair and have an agent review your new account.  Since you are working with a gateway, and not just a modem, the system codes need to reflect that for it to work as both a modem and router, and not just a modem.  

If you are not successful in having them resolve this, let us know.  

Ry

Spectrum Employee

Good morning rlopjor26,

I second the request by pastelero79, you need to call into Customer care. When you transferred svc, if you were a Legacy TWC customer who is now a Spectrum Customer, your billing codes have been updated. Most likely, the codes to activate the wifi are not applied and will need to be done. Previously, it was possible for modems to work without this and they would not automatically shut off the wifi.

Also, as a Spectrum customer, your speeds and internet tier have almost certainly been raised, depending on the area, the minimum achievable speeds are actually greater than what the SBG6580 is rated for, Max is 100x10. In some markets, the minimum available speed is 200x20, which that modem would not be able to do.

Either way, at least a call to the technical support phone line would be in order, and possibly a tech visit/store visit to swap your modem to a newer device as well.

This is the only reason in the field when the wifi will turn itself off if excluding the possiblity of device damage or software malfunction, and if you have tried to reset it multiple times and this keeps happening, you need a new device.

I post on my off hours, away from work and any statements made are my opinions, and do not necessarily reflect the views and beliefs of Spectrum Communications.