Newcomer

Reset Modem 2 a Week

Tired of resetting my modem 2 times a week. Seriously, all I need is reliable internet. Why should my signal degrade? Pay full price expect rock solid internet.

Nick

2 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Reset Modem 2 a Week

For your forums peers to be able to assist you they will need to have a bit more information. If you will check out this : /DATA-TO-POST-TO-GET-HELP-FROM-THE-COMMUNITY/  

The information would be instrumental in helping diagnose the issue. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Highlighted
Established Sharer

Re: Reset Modem 2 a Week

nmetzinger wrote:

Tired of resetting my modem 2 times a week. Seriously, all I need is reliable internet. Why should my signal degrade? Pay full price expect rock solid internet.

Nick

When users complain that they constantly have to reset their modem, it's almost never the modem that is at fault.  Usually it is connection issues in the cable distribution wiring, also issues with router software or programming.  Why?? 

Wind blowing outside causes flexing in the overhead cables, loosening connections and  seals, letting water in where it doesn't belong.  Coding errors and security holes in router and modem software, such as the very recent dustup with WEP and WPA2 encryption, also can cause unexpected side effects when other equipment comes under attack while it is operating on the same cable network.