Newcomer

Recently upgraded to 400mbps, able to get 250 - 300 mbps max - high correctables

4f349ffca2bada09dcb660123c11747b

Arris TM1602AP2 Modem, directly connected to PC. Speedtesting on speedtest.net - Spectrum Ohio server, as well as several local servers. Zip code is 40489. Internet service only, previously had tv service. Splitters have been eliminated from the lines, and the line to my modem is connected to the line coming from underground with a coax coupler. Have heard of cellular causing interference, so for giggles my carrier is Verizon.

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Newcomer

Re: Recently upgraded to 400mbps, able to get 250 - 300 mbps max - high correctables

Update: While unhooking my modem the entire compression connector came off of the coaxial line. I replaced it, as i used to work for a TV and internet installer and had the tools on hand. Must have been poor shielding on the connector, as after replacing I have flawless connection. 0 corrected, 0 uncorrected. 480mbps.
Helper

Re: Recently upgraded to 400mbps, able to get 250 - 300 mbps max - high correctables

Your case is a prime example of the problems encountered by the vast majority of people...slow speeds, picture pixelation, dropped connections, etc...that are almost always caused by a coax issue of some kind. I'm glad you were able to find the problem and fix it.